Re: Still Asking For An Official Release Date From Verizon!!!
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

jp_drums_4evr wrote:

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.wpcentral.com/verizon-trophy-19th-now-free-xbox-game-here-we-go-again-edition

I think I'm going to get an ATT phone in the morning.  I won't keep it, because coverage here isn't good enough, but I need a phone to work with, because I'm going to two Microsoft events next week and the key point of both is professional help finishing your apps.  I need to be able to test.  Hopefully VZW will have a phone by the time my 30 days with ATT are up before I take it back.

0 Likes
gragacia

I went today to a non-corporate store in my area called GoWireless, and as always I whipped out the brochure and pointed out the Trophy so they didn't think I was making it up. She then said that their district manager was actually in the store and went to ask him. She came back and said that according to him, the device would be released "at the end of June." 0_o

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

gragacia wrote:

I went today to a non-corporate store in my area called GoWireless, and as always I whipped out the brochure and pointed out the Trophy so they didn't think I was making it up. She then said that their district manager was actually in the store and went to ask him. She came back and said that according to him, the device would be released "at the end of June." 0_o

Maybe it's just me but I've pretty much lost all hope and faith that it's coming out at all (Yes, I know it is actually but you get what I mean, it's how I feel).  At the very least, I've almost given up on searching out any information regarding a release date.  Ultimately it's fruitless anyway.

And to make matters worse, that horrible little trackball on my BB 8130 has just given out on me this morning.  No scrolling up for me now.  Let's hope it starts working again later today.

Sure there are more pressing matters in life than getting a phone but I just feel beaten right now.  Even if this "mysterious" device is released this week, I feel like Verizon has just crapped on me and left me stranded on an island to die.  Exagerated?  You decide.

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

gragacia wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I've pretty much lost all hope and faith that it's coming out at all (Yes, I know it is actually but you get what I mean, it's how I feel).  At the very least, I've almost given up on searching out any information regarding a release date.  Ultimately it's fruitless anyway.

And to make matters worse, that horrible little trackball on my BB 8130 has just given out on me this morning.  No scrolling up for me now.  Let's hope it starts working again later today.

Sure there are more pressing matters in life than getting a phone but I just feel beaten right now.  Even if this "mysterious" device is released this week, I feel like Verizon has just crapped on me and left me stranded on an island to die.  Exagerated?  You decide.

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

cgon wrote:
......  Even if this "mysterious" device is released this week, I feel like Verizon has just crapped on me and left me stranded on an island to die.  Exagerated?  You decide.

Not exagerated at all. I've felt like that for the better part of 2 years - after waiting for months (similar experience) with the Touch Pro, then being told I needed to get the Touch Pro 2 to solve my problems, it's adding insult to injury ... and instead of helping wash the stink off, they're piling it on....same crap, different day.

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

cgon wrote:
......  Even if this "mysterious" device is released this week, I feel like Verizon has just crapped on me and left me stranded on an island to die.  Exagerated?  You decide.

Weird, i thats the exact feeling i have. ill get the trophy whenever it comes out, im just going to stop caring

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3
Anybody notice the threads being marked as "solved?" Okay, sure those threads were not actually titled questioning when VZW would release a WP7 device. This one however is literally asking for a release date. A release date, not a link to a page to sign up for advertising spam.

So, I want to clarify before a VZW rep marks this as solved, this thread is NOT solved until a VZW rep posts an actual release date/VZW announces official date (read not a link to sign up for email) or when WP7 actually is released for sale.

Maybe I am off base but all y'all have done is, for lack of a better word, **bleep** us off. And we were already upset. That is all for now.
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

cgon wrote:
Anybody notice the threads being marked as "solved?" Okay, sure those threads were not actually titled questioning when VZW would release a WP7 device. This one however is literally asking for a release date. A release date, not a link to a page to sign up for advertising spam.

So, I want to clarify before a VZW rep marks this as solved, this thread is NOT solved until a VZW rep posts an actual release date/VZW announces official date (read not a link to sign up for email) or when WP7 actually is released for sale.

Maybe I am off base but all y'all have done is, for lack of a better word, **bleep** us off. And we were already upset. That is all for now.

Agreed.  All they're doing by marking threads as solved is stirring the pot...

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great News!

HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more details please visit the link below:

HTC Trophy Release Information

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

Great News!

HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more details please visit the link below:

HTC Trophy Release Information

Well folks, it looks like this thread has been solved. 

0 Likes