Re: Still Asking For An Official Release Date From Verizon!!!
BKsInBarre

Get this...I called Verizon Wireless this monring..the guy starts by saying "ask me how I can save you on your home phone"  I replied is this Verizon Wireless??  He was quite then I said I am calling for the HTC Trophy can you tell me if this is coming out today or next week?  His reply was "I have no idea what you are talking about, I have never heard of this device and not sure it even exist"...hmmm I laughed and said what... I have seen the pictures and even downloaded Verizon online catalog which the phone is in...again he said "I have no idea what you're talking about"...I told him screw this I am so sick of Verizon's best kept secret...I am going to AT&T.  "He then said he understands".   I am soooooo sick of the way Verizon plays  the new device release game.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to the club... you were VERIZONED (yes it's a verb).

BKsInBarre wrote:

Get this...I called Verizon Wireless this monring..the guy starts by saying "ask me how I can save you on your home phone"  I replied is this Verizon Wireless??  He was quite then I said I am calling for the HTC Trophy can you tell me if this is coming out today or next week?  His reply was "I have no idea what you are talking about, I have never heard of this device and not sure it even exist"...hmmm I laughed and said what... I have seen the pictures and even downloaded Verizon online catalog which the phone is in...again he said "I have no idea what you're talking about"...I told him screw this I am so sick of Verizon's best kept secret...I am going to AT&T.  "He then said he understands".   I am soooooo sick of the way Verizon plays  the new device release game.

0 Likes
BKsInBarre

I agree with you about the better service claim but Verizon should at least tell their customer who call that they know it is coming but we have no date on it's release as of now...it sure is better then the stupid response..Not sure what your talking about or I don't think that this device even exist...what a dumb line.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I told the guy, "so you're telling me that I know more about your product line than you do.  That doesn't instill much confidence."

0 Likes
BKsInBarre

Simply a Joke...maybe we should work for the PR team... Smiley Happy

0 Likes
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I am done waiting.  My current Verizon phone basically died last night.  Verizon is totally unable to deliver.  I can't wait longer and don't want an Android or iPhone.  I would suggest that anyone that has a decent signal with another carrier consider the same.  We could be playing this game for the next six months.  I am becoming more convinced that Verizon is trying to string us along until we get fed up and go with Android or just leave.  I think may answer will have to be just leave.  It is just sad.  I have been with Verizon since the Airtouch days.  Their delivery of Microsoft stuff has always been a little dodgy.  This is just absurd.  I can't think of a better way to put it.

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

I officially hate Verizon, now.

The Samsung Focus is better hardware than the Trophy, anyway. And you can put whatever size memory you want in the device and it will use it as system memory.

Goodbye Verizon.

Hello AT&T.

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

well i get good service and i dont pay too much so i cant hate verizon. ive never tried another carrier in my area so i dont know if im better off.

As far the future Verizon probably has a fiscal reason behind what they're doing. io have to imagine its all part of a bigger plan.

if you look at how their promotions run, they usually end right before the release of a big fun so that you cant use it on that phone. so i bet that verizon is just waiting for the most profitable time to release. im betting its the 26th now so they can release it with Mango already installed

0 Likes
BKsInBarre

Mango is coming out this fall not on the 24th is when MS is announcing Mango release date..Verizon's Trophy will not have Mango.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

BKsInBarre wrote:

Mango is coming out this fall not on the 24th is when MS is announcing Mango release date..Verizon's Trophy will not have Mango.

Sticky that.

I know somone who called 2 corporate verizon stores around noon today (off contract waiting, beinn Verizoned) .

Both knew of the trophy but had no ETA. One said "we know of handset availabilitiy the day before they're for sale". The other said "check around on the web for it's release date, I check there for info as it's better than what we get from Verizon".

Courteous but frustrated employees.Frustrated by their employers and need to field calls due to poor corporate customer relations.

Comedy gold from the "dumb pipe network" (R).

0 Likes