Stored Messages On Lg Extravert 2
CDRap

How can i delete stored messages off of a lg extravert 2 for example

[no content]

jan,6 1200am

stored:

jan 6,1200am

I have only had this phone since the middle of April and its saying that for everyone that sends me a text

Please Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stored Messages On Lg Extravert 2
ttcheng
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also been having problems with the Extravert 2.  I just ran across what appears to be a software update dated 8/20/2014, here:

"http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000003-CT10000027-1407534682571"

LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA

Hopefully, this is the fix we've been waiting for!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great phone CDRap and we can h elp with your request. Are you trying to delete an email, text message, visual voicemail or download? Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? If so, try removing it and redownloading it because it may need an update. Have you tried to delete other long or old text threads you no longer need then power cycle? Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
fcspence

I have the same problem. Text msgs are the issue. on some messages if you go to msg properties it shows msg size of 0.0 kb. Working with vz chat tech we've rebooted the phone several times.

0 Likes
JBMom835

I am having the identical problem. In fact, it is two stored messages listed exactly as yours are:

jan,6 1200am

stored:

jan 6,1200am

I've only had this phone for a week.

Any help would be very appreciated. It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We bet that is frustrating for you, JBMom835! It is very odd that the stored messages will not delete. We want to report this information to LG to see how to get this resolved since normal methods are not working. We would imagine a software update to get it corrected. We do apologize for any frustration it has caused so far.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

me_the_fat_guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any update from LG? I have this same problem on my extravert 2. The issue doesn't show up until your txt memory is full, then you can't delete anything!

0 Likes
ttcheng
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also been having problems with the Extravert 2.  I just ran across what appears to be a software update dated 8/20/2014, here:

"http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000003-CT10000027-1407534682571"

LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA

Hopefully, this is the fix we've been waiting for!

0 Likes