Stuck in boot loop
TattooDaddy18

Hi, I am currently trying to fix my friends HTC Windows phone. Now I have at one point successfully got to the "!" screen but have had trouble getting pass the button sequence due to a battery issue. I have left it on the charger and just cant seem to get a charge to save my life. As far as I know there has never been any liquid damage nor has it been dropped, or thrown. The initial cause of the boot loop was a software download. What happend was my friend agreed to an OTA update of his phones system. He turned it off because he is impatient. Thus creating the issue. I believe I can fix it, but I now have doubts a bit because I can keep the phone charged long enough to start the factory reset. The charger indicated comes on, letting me know that its beginning to charge but then the phone dies due to the loop. I could use a bit of help on how to either shut it off for at least a few hours so it can charge or a way to let it charge while the boot continuously occurs.

I tell you this is why I use Iphones. Androids, and windows phones have always brought me to the peak of frustration.

I hope for a quick reply to this so I may return to him a working phone and make him a happier person.

Thank you,

TattooDaddy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stuck in boot loop
AZSALUKI
Legend

TattooDaddy18 wrote:

Hi, I am currently trying to fix my friends HTC Windows phone. Now I have at one point successfully got to the "!" screen but have had trouble getting pass the button sequence due to a battery issue. I have left it on the charger and just cant seem to get a charge to save my life. As far as I know there has never been any liquid damage nor has it been dropped, or thrown. The initial cause of the boot loop was a software download. What happend was my friend agreed to an OTA update of his phones system. He turned it off because he is impatient. Thus creating the issue. I believe I can fix it, but I now have doubts a bit because I can keep the phone charged long enough to start the factory reset. The charger indicated comes on, letting me know that its beginning to charge but then the phone dies due to the loop. I could use a bit of help on how to either shut it off for at least a few hours so it can charge or a way to let it charge while the boot continuously occurs.

I tell you this is why I use Iphones. Androids, and windows phones have always brought me to the peak of frustration.

I hope for a quick reply to this so I may return to him a working phone and make him a happier person.

Thank you,

TattooDaddy

you should post this in the windows phone area. you're dealing with a different operating system than the discussions above.

verizonmoderator1

>>Post branched and moved to the Windows Phone space<<

0 Likes
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

which HTC phone is it? Can you remove the battery? Otherwise, you might have some luck on the www.xda-developers.com site - they provide android and windows development information. Most likely you'll need to hold the power button down with the volume rocker or something like that to do the reset and/or just to stop the loop. -Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA Stuck in boot loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TattooDaddy18,

You a great friend to help out your friend with their device issues. We want your friend to have a fully functional device also. What version of Windows phones is your friends phone? Have you tried holding down the power button and volume down button to force a reboot?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes