Sudden battery drain, full to empty in 2-3 hours without use
indoorsocer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have HTC Trophy, had it for a few months over a year.  Love the phone, and up til now have had no problems.  A couple days ago the battery went from lasting 24-30+ hours on a charge to 2-3 hours without even using it. I have used two different batteries  I did a factory reset and it is still doing it.  I noticed that keithpo had the same problem 6 months ago, but there was not answer for him, just the typical run-away app and since I have done a factory reset I imagine that would not apply in my situation.  Any thoughts would be great.

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sudden battery drain, full to empty in 2-3 hours without use
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a bizarre situation, indoorsocer1! That's not nearly enough battery life. This situation can go one of two ways. We need to either replace your phone or the battery. I would love to discuss your options. Please follow me (ChaunceyM) and send a Direct Message. Please include a contact number. I look forward to speaking with you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

indoorsocer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

ChauncyM,

Thanks so much for your response and your willingness to help. I have followed you and got a response back saying that we are connected, but when I try to send a direct message I get this error message. . . "You can only send Direct Messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."  How should I proceed?

Thanks so much for your help

Chris

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did send you a follow request as well?  You will have to accept it before you can Direct Message each other.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
indoorsocer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154

I was thinking that was what needed to happen next, but being so new here wasn't sure how to proceed.  Thanks so much for providing that information and clearing things up.

Chris

0 Likes
mskoczolek

I have this same issue, it began occurring a few weeks ago. I have been researching trying to find a solution, no dice. I've tried a hard reset, battery life under "battery saver" setting shows a better estimated time remaining, but still acts similarly where the battery drains about 10-15% every hour! Same thing as original poster, my battery life would last 24-30+ hours. I've tried other things such as turning off 3G, location services, uninstalling background running intensive programs. I've even tried a brand new battery...same issue. No solution as of yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for adding your situation mskoczolek. It looks like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting to attempt to resolve this issue. Here are some additional steps to extend the battery life on Windows devices http://bit.ly/160dADP. If there are no applications in the background running to cause the issue and the battery has already been replaced, it may be an issue with the phone. What software version do you have in Settings, About? Please verify you have the current version http://vz.to/Xf3rVo. Here are the steps to update your software if you don't have the current version http://vz.to/14yUUPh.

Let me know if you still need assistance after this steps.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes