Syncing Calendar with MS Outlook and Google
ChrisE386

I use MS Outlook on my PC and Laptop to get my Gmail.  I also utilize the calendar on OL.  I've been able to use a Google app to sync from PC to Google Calendar, then sync my Nokia 822 w/Google Calendar.   Google has since stopped supporting this app and now my calendars don't match up.

Is there any way around this?  Can I get my Windows phone to sync direct to MS Outlook without having an Exchange server?

I'm running MS Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 desktop and on a Windows 8.1 laptop. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Syncing Calendar with MS Outlook and Google
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrisE386,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand the importance of knowing all options with syncing email, as this is such an important aspect of everyones day to day lives. In order to have outlook synced to your phone it would require an exchange server. This is usually set up via your companies IT team in order to process. This would be the most viable route to get this connected directly. Let us know if you are looking to do anything else because we are here to help.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ChrisE386

Thanks for your reply, TonyG. My email sync’ing is working fine.

I’d like to know if there is a way to sync my Calendar. I front end it from my desktop and laptop through Outlook for Google. Google no longer supports EAS through a small app which they discontinued. So my question is can I sync my Nokia Windows Phone calendar with the local copy of Outlook calendar or is there an app (other than the Google no longer supports) that will sync my phone calendar via Google Calendar, to my Outlook Calendar?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey ChrisE386,

I'm glad to hear that your e-mail sync is working great. I was able to find some steps through Microsoft's website to sync your Outlook calander to your Window's phone. Visit http://bit.ly/h1lspG for the steps.

Thanks,

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes