Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syncing calendar updates from Exchange server
JPR7

I've been using my HTC Trophy for a month now and have been very happy with it.  One issue I haven't sorted out is the calendar syncing.  I sync to a single calendar (Exchange via ActiveSync).  New appointments seems to sync okay, but updates (e.g. cancelations) don't seem to sync quickly if ever at all.

Any suggestions?  There does not appear to be many config settings for the calendar, so there's not much I've tried to fix the issue.

-joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Syncing calendar updates from Exchange server
JPR7

This ended up just being some corrupted recurring calendar invites.  Once I cleaned things up in Outlook, all was well with the sync to the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
M-Kohlman
Novice

JPR7 wrote:

I've been using my HTC Trophy for a month now and have been very happy with it.  One issue I haven't sorted out is the calendar syncing.  I sync to a single calendar (Exchange via ActiveSync).  New appointments seems to sync okay, but updates (e.g. cancelations) don't seem to sync quickly if ever at all.

Any suggestions?  There does not appear to be many config settings for the calendar, so there's not much I've tried to fix the issue.

-joe

Do you know what version of Exchange you are on?  My experience (and I have a fair amount with Corporate Exchange Design) has been that Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 are very WP7 "friendly", esecially when using the "As Items Arrive" setting, Exchange 2003 is a bit less so.

I'm currently syncing with both an Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 Server with my Samsung Focus and My Wife is syncing with an Exchange 2010 Server using an HTC Trophy and so far neither of us are having any issues.  I however have over a dozen appts in a typical work-day so I'm I actually make changes and alteration on a regular basis (my Wife less so but still no issues).

The ActiveSnyc stack in Exchange and on Windows Phone 7 are sted from the mail settings, the Calender is not considered separate from a Sync settings standpoint.

What happens if you if you do a manual sync?  Or if you change your settings from "As Items Arrive" to something like "Every 15 Minutes"?  Does this make any difference?

0 Likes
JPR7

This ended up just being some corrupted recurring calendar invites.  Once I cleaned things up in Outlook, all was well with the sync to the phone.

0 Likes