Syncing contacta and calendars
bbuite

Is there an "easy" way to sync my existing contacts (about 2000 of them) and my Outlook calendar with my new upgrade to the HTC Trophy?

All of the salespeople I talked to prior to "upgrading" insisted that the HTC Trophy with the Windows 7 OS would be the best way to go. NOW, that I've committed to the "upgrade" NOONE at Verizon can seem to figure out how they can sync my contacts and calendar.

Any suggestions before I just move to AT&T?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Syncing contacta and calendars
Not applicable

Hi there, bbuite!

Windows Phone 7 supports 'Windows Live' email/contact sync. I suggest creating a Live.com email account. Then you can export the contacts from Outlook and import into the Live.com account.  Once moved, you can set up the Live account on your phone and you'll be set.  Here is the link to Microsoft's support article about the process. You will want to focus on steps 2-3, and you're likely a non-exchange user. But it's all listed there for Windows Phone 7 customers.  

Hope that helps!  Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi there, bbuite!

Windows Phone 7 supports 'Windows Live' email/contact sync. I suggest creating a Live.com email account. Then you can export the contacts from Outlook and import into the Live.com account.  Once moved, you can set up the Live account on your phone and you'll be set.  Here is the link to Microsoft's support article about the process. You will want to focus on steps 2-3, and you're likely a non-exchange user. But it's all listed there for Windows Phone 7 customers.  

Hope that helps!  Thank you!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

You have to do it through a Live account.  If you're using Outlook, there's a download, I think it's called Hotmail Exchange Connecter, for Outlook.  Once you do that, set up your Live account in Outlook.  Copy all your contacts from your current account to the live account.  Do the same with calendar.  Now it will automatically sync with Live, and your phone will sync with live.  Going forward, use the Live contacts in Outlook, as well as the Live calendar in outlook.

The day that Apple came out with their iOS 5 announcement, with iCloud, I had a doctor's appointment.  I put the appointment in my phone while I was in the office.  When I got home, it was in my Outlook already.  I saw Apple's news, and told my friends, "Microsoft has had this for years."

0 Likes