System update causes Lumia 822 to fail to start
WolfSinger

Even after pulling the battery and reinstalling it, it still refuses to start.  It shows the Nokia start screen, then the beginning of the Windows 8 start.  Then it completely shuts down.  I can't call support since my phone is now non-functional.

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: System update causes Lumia 822 to fail to start
jmill4023

Same thing here. This is so annoying. Ive had so many problems with this phone and the VZW support wasnt very helpful. I need to bring it into the store, but I have to go home and back up everything I have on the phone first, because the lady told me the only way they could fix it was to wipe it and restart it then. I really want to switch to a Droid, but Im stuck with this until 2015. This is ridiculous.
All I can do is get this phone to do the same thing as you. It says "NOKIA" then goes to the start up screen, then turns off completely.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as backup goes are you referring to your contacts, app data, or the apps themselves?  If you set up the Backup Assistant Plus and the Windows Live ID backup as well as the Nokia account between those your contacts should have been synced automatically whenever you made any changes app data I don't know how you can back that up but as far as what you downloaded from the store your account will have a record of the apps you obtained both free and paid you should be able to re-download them without any issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jmill4023,

I am sorry to see that you are encountering multiple issues with your phone and a factory reset has been recommended to resolve. I understand your are backing up all your contents and then you will visit a store to complete factory reset. Allow me to save you the trip to the store! Simply follow the step by step directions at this link http://vz.to/UlCoE3 and you can do the factory reset from your comfty couch.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I agree with Antonio the process is not hard at all and it would save you gas money as well as a set number of minutes of your time depending on how crowded the store is.  If the hard reset does not fix your problem you can also call customer support at 800-922-0204 from a land line, another friend's cell phone, or a payphone and they can ship out a replacement for free if your phone is still under warranty and you will get a prepaid shipping label to send the dead device back to Verizon. 

0 Likes