Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TXT MSG Alert ringtone too low....Pls Help
ifti71

Hi

I recieved HTC trophy today and all my excitement was vanished when I found that  the Alerts available on phone for text messages & Emails are too low.

I  manage a Data Center and our Monitoring servers in Data center sends txt messages when anything goes wrong in Data Center.

With HTC trophy the  alert ring tones are merely chimes and can hardly wake me up if any APP/Server goes down in DataCenter.

Is there any option available on Trophy to add ringtones for Alerts or use other ringtones already on the phone as TXT message alert?

This issue is a deal breaker for me. and any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TXT MSG Alert ringtone too low....Pls Help
Not applicable

Hi ifi71:

It sounds like text messaging is an important feature to you, and you need it to be loud. If the native tones don't seem to work for you, you can download a ringtone management program from the Marketplace. There are several free ones to choose from. Once you get a better alert downloaded, just change the sound setting to ring with that new tone.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

It appears that I have provided incorrect information. The assumption that you can do this on Windows Mobile phones was incorrect. I had one in-hand and assumed that alerts could be downloaded like ringtones, but according to , it's not possible. This is not customizable like on all other operating systems. If this is a deal breaker for you, perhaps another device would suit you best.

Message was edited by: MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
bc3tech
Novice

Yeah... This is a good example of how much vzw reps DON'T know about windows phone. Alerts are NOT customizable on wp7, only ringtones.

Nice try MikeS, but u guys should just pay a few of us that really know the OS to mod this forum, honestly, instead of giving out bad information and confusing your customers.

0 Likes
ifti71

Thanks Mike,

I called HTC and spend few hours with their support on this issue.

They confirmed that Ringtone cannot be assigned to TXT message alerts on this phone.

They said its a Microsoft software issue and with future updates it might get fixed.

I also took the phone to Verizon store and they also tried and were surprised that such a simple feature doesnt exist on

this phone.

I am sure there are lots of people like me who keep Smart phones because the TXT messages & Emails are important to them. Its silly  from Microsoft  that they didnt think through.

Yesterday I returned the HTC trophy and unwillingly got IPhone.

Syed

0 Likes
bc3tech
Novice

Sorry to hear that. I can think of solutions for your problem, but they do involve custom software, something that might not be a bad idea in the case of monitoring a data center, though.

0 Likes