Re: Text Messaging Issues
bnh2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

No our complaint is after leaving full service and coming back into full service, text messages can not be sent.  To workaround the issue, you must restart the phone or toggle airplane mode.

For instance, I visit a basement of building and lose service. Later once I'm outside with full service, text messages can not be sent. Calls can be made and I receive text messages. However, I repeatedly get error messages whenever sending.

Woulff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  My wife and I both have HTC 8X and have issues sending text messages like above.  The only way to correct it is to restart the phone or sometimes switching airplane mode on and off works.

Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Lots of us with the 8X HTC are having this issue too. One would think they'd getting a fix out to us as it's been months of this for most of us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Major_Payne! Ongoing issues are always a source of irritation! HTC did recently release a new software version for the HTC Windows 8X. http://vz.to/1howv2H This was made available on 11/21. Have you attempted the update yet? The link includes a description, as well as instructions. Please try the new software, and report back to advise if it corrects your issue.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@MichelleH_VZW

Yes I am running GDR3

version 8.0.10501.127

Just ran the check for updates again (run it every other day in the hope that an actual fix is released)

Problem has persisted since GDR2. Prior to that the phone worked perfectly, no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, Major_Payne! To confirm you are only experiencing the concerns with not being able to send a message intermittently? I do see that we have an active investigation with HTC to address this. At this time I do not have an estimated time of resolution.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Velcroman

I was told by a Verizon support rep last week that this is a known issue for HTC 8X phones but HTC is unable to isolate what the root cause is. HTC was to contact me to learn details of when and where the failure to launch texts occurred, but I have yet to hear from them.

I am writing this as I am unable to send texts - again!

0 Likes
CycloneChief

I purchased an HTC 8x in March. In June I received the "no SIM card" error which began occurring more frequently. Incredibly annoying when traveling overseas and nothing I could do about it. Intermittent can't connect to network errors in various applications. The piece de resistance came last week when I could no longer send text messages (SMS or MMS). I suspected the Microsoft OS update but wasn't sure. Called Verizon tech support was on the phone with the Tier 2 tech for an hour. He did the following to determine the problem source: 1) remove & reprovision my text service (done at the tower side), 2) Pulled text service completely from my phone and reinstated it.  He said that the tower could see my phone and I had 4 bar network signal strength and wi-fi which meant the phone wasn't transmitting the data. Finally, we did a master reset of the phone. Nada. He shipped out a new phone, which I received today.

The new/refurbished HTC 8x phone worked out of the box. I customized it, restored my contacts, etc. then installed Windows OS updates and - surprise! - could no longer send text messages. I really like the windows operating system as the phone was the easiest I've ever set up but when I went to the store this evening the rep said that Verizon hasn't announced any new phones to replace the HTC 8x or the Nokia Lumia 928 which makes me think it will drop all support for Windows phones. Next up, a call to Verizon support to replace the second text-bricked phone. While I wait for the second phone to ship, which will be delayed by the Christmas holiday, it would be nice if I could UN-intall the third update so at least I could use the phone.  Looks like we're left holding the bag while everyone points fingers. Anyone know if the Lumia 928 has these issues?

0 Likes
Juliepw
Enthusiast - Level 1

It takes 3 times before my text on my HTC 8x goes through.  It just started happening yesterday

Reel_Traveler

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I have not been able to receive text periodically - or rather, i get the message however the message indicates "unable to receive media content" - even though it is text only.  I also have problems sending - I need to press re-send a few times, and sometimes it goes through, and other times never does despite several clicks.

I just spoke to VRZN support, and learned that it has to do with when you're on WiFi - the phone software gets confused and won't connect to the network.  HTC is apparently aware of the problem, and just recently figured out what was happening, and is working on a patch update.  No guidance on when, but they are aware of it and working on it.

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes