Text and Email goes to both phones
rjhniles

How do I turn this off?  I want my emails and text messages on my phone and my wife's on her phone.  How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Text and Email goes to both phones
Frolicie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Best bet would be to go to My Account and go through the choices. 

0 Likes
Re: Text and Email goes to both phones
Not applicable

How do you get text messages sent to your wifes phone number to show up on your phone? and vice versa?

Emails I can see. Anyone can pull anyones emails as long as you know the email address and the password to access the account, but text messages are a different story.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rjhniles!

I'm sure you want your messages and email to go to each phone separately. Let's figure this out! Have you by any chance swapped phones? Is this happening on every message and every email? Was this always the case, or did it just begin? Please supply me with some more information so we can find a resolution for you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rjhniles

Hi Christina, I have the answers to your questions below.  Hopefully that helps.

a.. We haven’t swapped phones at all.

b.. It seems to be happening on every email and text.

c.. I just sent an email from my home PC and it was received on my phone right away but not on her phone till I hit the ‘sync’ icon.  Could that be the reason why?  Does that sync email for both phones to the one email address on the Verizon account? How can I delete my email account from her phone?  I can find instructions on how to ‘add’ but not ‘delete’.

d.. I haven’t figured out anything more about the text messaging issue yet though.  I’ll have someone text my phone and see if it comes up on her phone too!

I’ll let you know about the text thing.  Thanks for helping me with this.  It’s driving us both nuts!

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rjhniles, thanks for supplying the details. This sounds very confusing. How long have you been in this situation? To get this resolved effectively can you try doing a hard reset: http://vz.to/14MCERJ and set up each phone separately? Please keep us posted.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rjhniles wrote:

How do I turn this off?  I want my emails and text messages on my phone and my wife's on her phone.  How do I do that?

Did you use the same email account (@live.com) to set up the phones?  Do you share an email account and have it set up on both phones?  Ideally you should each have a separate account, and use your own account on your phone.  if you have set up both phones using the same live.com account, factory reset one of the phones and redo it with a different live.com account.

0 Likes