Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
Not applicable

[Quote]

I have 5 Windows desktops that update themselves overnight and I'm never interrupted or inconvenienced by updates.

[/quote]

This is true. However I leave one windows system on and the iMac. I use to leave them all on all the time but my wife doesn't want them running. So we compromise.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Allow the computers to go into sleep mode.  They will wake and apply patches and go back to sleep.

Patches that require reboots will happen after a period of time by themselves or prompt you if you're logged in.

0 Likes
Not applicable

[quote]

If you find the "constant updates" to be so annoying, why don't you just turn them off? You have that option you know.

[/quote]

Yep I am fully aware of that. The flip side if these patches and updates are necessary having to not install them maybe not a good idea so I start them all running updates at once. It takes time. then the occasional crap out of the update. So its a real pain. But necessary.

The breach done to the Apple devices are similar to what windows and androids all get hit with.

Apple: celebs hacked in 'targeted attack', no iCloud breach - Business Insider

from the link above:

The Apple statement suggested that the celebrities had their accounts hacked by using easy-to-guess passwords, or by giving up their personal data to cyber criminals posing as Apple, a technique known as "phishing."

Read more:  http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-apple-celebs-hacked-in-targeted-attack-no-icloud-breach-2014-9#ix...

0 Likes
Not applicable

primortal wrote:

Allow the computers to go into sleep mode.  They will wake and apply patches and go back to sleep.

Patches that require reboots will happen after a period of time by themselves or prompt you if you're logged in.

That is a very good idea. I will have to tell her. Thank YouSmiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you're using a SSD do not put you PC in hibernate or hybrid hibernate. I believe sleep is ok. In any case I have both sleep and hibernate disabled.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I noticed all the windows machine have Sleep and Hibernate not available. Just Shut Down-Restart

I can activate it in my settings. Since the sleep mode was a good idea. The drives however are SSD (Solid State Drives)

Thanks for the tip

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Elector wrote:

You post the picture of the BSOD. I use a phone that works. I use two different versions of phones that work.

I am not the one on here crying for an update. Nice try. Read and catch up on the conversation.

Nothing in your reply here is relevant to anything I've posted. Nice try at non sequitur though.

0 Likes
Re: Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
Not applicable

pa2k4p wrote:

Every Tuesday. Got it.

Please, continue on and don't forget to post a picture of a Windows Phone with a BSOD.

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/55354

You mean like this thread here? There is BSOD or Black Screen of Death. Read up on it.

Blue Screen of Death? : windowsphone

So it does happen.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Priceless, it not the standard BSOD that Windows spits out every so often but just a blank blue screen that some lumia devices spit out when bricked.  Not caused by drivers, memory, etc.

Close but no cigar

0 Likes
Not applicable

Think about it my friend. Blue/Black screen of death has been reported.

https://usefulwindows.com/2014/09/fix-lumia-windows-phone-blue-screen-sadness/

That other poster in his/her sarcasm wanted me to post a picture of the BSOD.  There is a Joke App that is a screen saver, but this was a real case of it. In one post I read it said the kernel was responsible on start up. I don't write these posts I find them

0 Likes