Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
Tidbits
Legend

Yep that's low. I would have gotten paid more by now if I took the Google job offer years ago hindsight...

B33
Legend

See them Dollar $$$ and go O my.. wished I'd done that

jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Why are you guys responding to trolls?  All you are doing is just encouraging them in their behavior!  One claims knowledge beyond all others, the other is an acknowledged cApple fanboy, and it appears a third is now joining in with them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have never claimed a thing. You actually made claims and never backed them up. You claimed a CEO told you something. Now you won't mention the CEO. You say you say Verizon owns what you said. You are also the only person who made the claim and you are not the only person to complain to the commission. Why is it you are the only person to get a completely different response? Sounds fishy to me.... Someone else has been giving specific play by plays on his experiences.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You see its always name calling and the like from your ilk.

You complain and complain and like a dog playing you just keep running after your tail.

Nothing you said you can back up, nothing you have responded to doesn't make any difference.

See that update the last 12 weeks or more? No.

See any if those high profile FCC figures take any issue with Verizon or any carrier to get any update? No.

Do you think your throwing around "trolls" or "fan boys" makes that update to your device? No.

It just shows you have a weak argument and have no real facts to prove what anyone on here says is the truth or not. You are just a low on the tottem pole and all the threatening and complaining is getting you zero.

And since I just looked and I did not see this forum change to the "jharris326" help forum. Any poster has a right to post their opinions for or against.

And the make of my device does not make me a cApple fan as you like to always say. I use androids also.

I just don't use your type of crappy device. Not the same!

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Those of you who have filed complaints have probably already heard back from your "Verizon Executive Offices" Rep regarding your claim.  Quincy Byrd is my Rep and I have had a few conversations with him regarding the Cyan 8.1 delay.  Conversations are "shallow", but seem to echo what Joe Belfiore had to say on Twitter today:

http://www.windowscentral.com/verizon-working-its-windows-phone-81cyan-updates

I believe that there are challenges in getting the new XLTE to perform on the ICON device (and possibly others).  I am sure that there is a finger pointing session going on between VZW and MSFT.  Whatever.  The problem should have been identified 2 months ago.

I find Joe's comments about "Verizon taking quality seriously..." to be over exaggerated. Isn't this the same carrier who just dropped the Lumia ICON and refuses to carry the Lumia 730 until 2015?  That's serious? 

Anyway, "serious" is what I continue to discuss with Quincy.  What can be done about pre-testing devices?  What can be done about allowing non-business customers to help test releases?  My company was involved in the LTE rollout and the testing of other devices.  So why not allow non-business / enthusiast-type users to help?  At the rate we are going, Cyan is going to be released close to the same day that Verizon gets Denim to test.  If you have your Rep's contact information, continue to pound them with requests for resolution, shorter wait times, and improved testing processes.

Remember that Cyan and 8.1 have been available for Verizon to test since July 15th, 2014.  Developer Previews were available before that.  Now, all of a sudden, Verizon has found bugs they want fixed 3+ months later?  Not only was there no pre-testing here, but it would be realistic to say that Verizon sat on the update for several weeks before testing.

Yeah.  Taking quality seriously. 

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Around three weeks ago I called Verizon tech support and interestingly the rep told me there could be issues with the XLTE not working correctly and this may be why there is a delay.

I see your making a play on those words "Taking quality seriously", I would encourage you not to do this as it creates confusion among people. Its best to tell it straight. That quote was not in reference to them getting things out fast, rather it actually supports in some fashion or another why they are delaying the update.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

...and don't let Verizon's "serious software testing" delay your Microsoft BAND purchase.  This very cool new device requires Windows Phone 8.1 to run and here's how you can get 8.1 on your Verizon Windows Phone...

It's called the Microsoft Windows Phone Preview for Developers (write this down Verizon):

Register as an app developer – Windows app development

Click the link above and register.  Then, download the app and you will have access to the most recent developer version for Windows Phone 8.1.  All of the features that Verizon has been dragging their feet on (except Cyan) will be loaded to your device!  Cortana, Notification Center, Folders and more!  In addition, apps and devices that require 8.1 will also now work with your phone.  I find the preview to be Microsoft's way of getting around the carrier delays and still keeping the customer somewhat satisfied.  I certainly am!

So load up that Developer Preview and head out this weekend to buy that Microsoft BAND before they run out of stock.  It can also be ordered out of the Microsoft Store with 2-day shipping!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's for apps not RILs, and other things.... There's more to it than just that man...

Also this kind of stuff can't be tested until Microsoft is finished with the code, and phone manufacturers are finished their code either.

Microsoft works with parts manufacturers which is different than device manufacturers.

Also with the response given and what Microsoft person has said you treat as truth FCC will do nothing to help your cause as the update is being worked on and it proves it isn't finished yet which debunks the that it's finished...

Not applicable

[Quote]

Remember that Cyan and 8.1 have been available for Verizon to test since July 15th, 2014.  Developer Previews were available before that.  Now, all of a sudden, Verizon has found bugs they want fixed 3+ months later?  Not only was there no pre-testing here, but it would be realistic to say that Verizon sat on the update for several weeks before testing.

Yeah.  Taking quality seriously. 

[/quote]

Its statements like these you make that are not based on any facts to support your claims.

How do you know Verizon did not send it to Microsoft sooner? You don't.

How do you know that the Lord Joe from Microsoft is giving you the truth? You don't.

And just like your FCC complaints you have no real basis for a complaint. So we get to read you once again attacking the carrier when you have zero facts to support your contentions other than a twitter post.

Verizon doesn't have to have beta testers for updates. They are not making the operating systems for these devices.

Google, Microsoft and Apple are.

And I would rather Verizon takes a longer time to insure it works on their networks than have you windows phone owners do what us windows machine owners do every Tuesday.....and that is patch and update windows machines.

You haven't realized it yet that everything Microsoft puts out is in constant beta with all their patches and updates.

Good Luck