Re: They already ran out of stock of the HTC Trophy
StillLearnin
0 Likes
TheArcaneFlame

Change your zip code on the site and then try ordering again.  Stocks are apparently tied to the zip code.  Changing it seems to work, from reports elsewhere online, as some zips have them available where as others do not.

I ordered two Trophy's.  One last night as a new, additional line and a second this morning as an upgrade to my existing phone.  I got them at $99.99 and $69.99 respectively.  I had to pay for overnight shipping on both of them but I may call in and try to get that refunded since it said it was supposed to be free.  Regardless, I'm super excited to get them tomorrow!  I will be monitoring the tracking numbers closely!  :smileyhappy:

And two free xbox games is a nice little bonus as well.

0 Likes
ristic

I posted this in a wrong thread:

I would love to see the numbers of how much money did Verizon spend on advertising
iPhone vs. how many sold the first day (famous nonexistent lines in front of
the stores), vs. how much money did they spend on advertising Windows 7 Phone
(I think I know the answer to that question = $0) and selling them out on ‘Web
only’ day of release!?

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

just ordered and got a discounted price of 119.99 because of a pricing error last night. I reccomend talking to customer loyalty whenever possible because they can make changes without having to put you on hold after every request

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Ms. Walden,

For the past several months, Verizon has been upsetting a group of people by dragging its feet with the Windows Phone 7 platform.  Apparently Verizon doesn't think those customers who want a Windows Phone are worthy of devices that come to the market in a timely manner.  CDMA support was available for Windows Phone 7 devices since February, and Sprint launched one in March.  Yet Verizon kept dragging its feet, and keeping a lid on the launch date, today becoming the last major carrier in the WORLD (in supported locales) to bring Windows Phone 7 to market.

I expected the Trophy to be a hot seller.  VZW is the biggest carrier in the US, and many of us have pent-up frustration due to an unfulfilled desire to have this phone.  Personally, I left Verizon not once, but twice, for one reason and one reason only.  Because I wanted a Windows Phone 7 device.  I personally contacted a number of Verizon executives, and started a letter-writing campaign on several user forums, including Verizon's own.

This morning, I learned that the Trophy has sold out.  I was quite upset.  I wanted to come back to Verizon, but not without that phone.  When I called the Win-Back team, I was met with a pleasant bit of news, however.  That news was that they have their own stock of phones, separate from the inventory available for online purchase.  So I ported my number back, and it will be activated when my phone arrives tomorrow.

There are many speculations, even within your own forums, whether Verizon is going to continue to drag its feet on this platform, instead concentrating its efforts on its 47 different Android models, and whether the cold shoulder that Windows Phone has gotten will continue.  Will we get the updates from Microsoft in a timely manner?  Will a greater selection of phones become available?  Or will we be stuck with just this one phone for a long period of time?

I ask a few questions for you to ponder.  I do not need a reply, but you should ask yourself and think about the answers.  Is a customer best served when they ask about a phone that they know is coming out, and are continually stonewalled with no information at all?  Is the customer best served when they have to wait for a phone for months on end that they know is coming, that you have advertised, even to limited audience, since December?  Does it tell you something when a phone that is going on 8 months old (GSM version) sells out by 9am on launch day?

My last question is probably the most important question for you to think about.  CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

quit embarrassing yourself. You abused the at&t return policy instead of buying a device to develop and now that Verizon released the phone as expected they have you on a 2-year contract and thus under their full control.

AGAIN.

hopmedic wrote:

Ms. Walden,

For the past several months, Verizon has been upsetting a group of people by dragging its feet with the Windows Phone 7 platform.  Apparently Verizon doesn't think those customers who want a Windows Phone are worthy of devices that come to the market in a timely manner.  CDMA support was available for Windows Phone 7 devices since February, and Sprint launched one in March.  Yet Verizon kept dragging its feet, and keeping a lid on the launch date, today becoming the last major carrier in the WORLD (in supported locales) to bring Windows Phone 7 to market.

I expected the Trophy to be a hot seller.  VZW is the biggest carrier in the US, and many of us have pent-up frustration due to an unfulfilled desire to have this phone.  Personally, I left Verizon not once, but twice, for one reason and one reason only.  Because I wanted a Windows Phone 7 device.  I personally contacted a number of Verizon executives, and started a letter-writing campaign on several user forums, including Verizon's own.

This morning, I learned that the Trophy has sold out.  I was quite upset.  I wanted to come back to Verizon, but not without that phone.  When I called the Win-Back team, I was met with a pleasant bit of news, however.  That news was that they have their own stock of phones, separate from the inventory available for online purchase.  So I ported my number back, and it will be activated when my phone arrives tomorrow.

There are many speculations, even within your own forums, whether Verizon is going to continue to drag its feet on this platform, instead concentrating its efforts on its 47 different Android models, and whether the cold shoulder that Windows Phone has gotten will continue.  Will we get the updates from Microsoft in a timely manner?  Will a greater selection of phones become available?  Or will we be stuck with just this one phone for a long period of time?

I ask a few questions for you to ponder.  I do not need a reply, but you should ask yourself and think about the answers.  Is a customer best served when they ask about a phone that they know is coming out, and are continually stonewalled with no information at all?  Is the customer best served when they have to wait for a phone for months on end that they know is coming, that you have advertised, even to limited audience, since December?  Does it tell you something when a phone that is going on 8 months old (GSM version) sells out by 9am on launch day?

My last question is probably the most important question for you to think about.  CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not under anyone's control, as you say.  I can leave anytime I want.  I did it before, and I may do it again.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Already got a phone call back, assuring me that they have received several emails like mine, and that they most assuredly have heard us now.  She also said that if I have any problems with getting my phone number ported back in to call her directly, and she will handle it.

As for your comment that I abused ATT's return policy, I am a paying customer of ATT (for now), and I am within the terms and conditions of the contract that I signed.  The service that I have used while I have had this phone will be billed to me, and I will pay for it.  No, I did not buy a development phone.  I don't have $500 laying around.  I would submit that if you were unemployed and looking for a way to make money, you might do something similar if you thought it could help you to earn a living.  Better than sitting back collecting unemployment without making an effort, in my book.

0 Likes
RobRot

Just ordered mine at 4:40 Central time.  No indications of out of stock. 

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

RobRot wrote:

Just ordered mine at 4:40 Central time.  No indications of out of stock. 

I guess we convinced you its not a toy.

Sorry to be hard on you... Hope you followed the links.

0 Likes