Thinking about switching carrier because of Lumia 920
wendy111
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been Verizon customers for years. And I am tied of their poor phone selections.

Was really looking forward getting 2 Lumia 920 because it satisfies all my essential needs. Now we have to move the entire family plan to AT&T. It is just painful.

I'd rather pay more bucks for the lumia phone if I can get from Verizon. But there are just no options to do so. Very disappointing...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thinking about switching carrier because of Lumia 920
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

other then its os of windows mobile its specs are not really any diff then many other phones out there

0 Likes
wendy111
Enthusiast - Level 2

1 camera

2 WP8, tired of android

3 sensitive screen

4 unique appearance

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

1. 8.7mp vs 8, you can get 12mp on some cameras

2. ok

3. meh, all relative imho

4. again relative

after all its a phone first

0 Likes
ExploitedPixels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your completely missing the point. The 8.7mp is that way to match the screen size and widescreen shots, and if you haven't been paying attention to the tech media the camera on the Nokia sets a new standard in many ways. But it is not just that, it is customers having choice.

I am in the same boat Wendy111. The phone selection on Verizon is appalling. Droid's design are clunky and ugly, while the iPhone looks nice but all of it has been done before. I want a 920, and I am about willing to leave Verizon to get a better choice at a phone I want.

I am not really sure what Verizon's deal is, but the phone selection is pretty poor in general. I just really don't understand why Verizon seems to almost loathe their customers from the asinine unlimited data comments to little choice in phones to select from.

mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i do pay attention to tech

and its a phone, if i want a good pic i use a camera, you cant really match a good camera with any phone

but if its a must have phone, then just switch, dont talk about it do it

0 Likes
ExploitedPixels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not why post if it is all dismissive, but whatever.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hang around long enough and you will understand

0 Likes
ExploitedPixels
Enthusiast - Level 2

That goes with any forum to some extent, but the truth is I care and Wendy cares along with others. It is important for customers to express their feelings, and that is exactly what this is whether others agree or not.

It's just customers expressing dissatisfaction with decisions made. I am sure their are plenty of I would like to have phone X on Verizon.

0 Likes
Pavlovscow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon needs to know people are switching.  And people need to know that Verizon provides no advantages and several disadvantages due to their hardware.

I am glad Wendy111 posted this.  Not only does it make me feel like I'm justified in switching the fact that your argument for staying is basically "deal with a lesser phone because its a phone first" only echoes what I fear is Verizon's opinion. 

Making calls is no longer the primary business of Verizon or at least it shouldn't be.  I want a device that keeps me connected to everything I do.  More and more a quality camera is the number one feature for me.  Random moment with family can be snapped and shared in moments with a quality phone.  In all previews Lumia 920 crushes in this area.  My wife's bionic blows in this area.  My thunderbolt is merely okay, if the battery isn't dead. 

I would rather verizon answer customers considering leaving with some logical reason to stay.  Instead we have you.  Pretty telling that things aren't close to changing.