Thinks that it's roaming???
court1na

My phone shows the roaming triangle icon. I'm in my house. I've always had great service in these same areas. No matter where I go my phone says that it is roaming. Places that Verizon has amazing coverage. My wife's phone has signal. Mine shows roaming. Not sure if it's something in the settings, or an update that I need or what but I'd really like to not get slammed with roaming charges! Has anyone else had this problem? I've got 4 bars LTE showing, but also the triangle... HELP!?!?!?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thinks that it's roaming???
primortal
Master - Level 1

Why post here?  Call customer service,

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets take a deeper look into this, court1na! It definitely appears to be related to the device, since we know your wife's phone is working and you are in areas that you've always had great service. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) if this issue persists.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
UnhappyInSmyrnaTN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although it may not be the same issue, a recent (within the past 10 days) Operating System Update caused my Galaxy Stellar to not recognize or connect to the Verizon Networks without a manual restart (many times involving removal of the battery and restart).  Although the store representative did not explain, there was also a quick reference to SIM Card conflicts after the update that is causing me to replace the SIM Card, as well as the phone (several times).

Hope it works out.

0 Likes
court1na

This sucks!!! Verizon sent me two replacement phones that both had the same problem! The first two (or was it 3) people I talked to at customer support said it was a known issue and that a software update would be coming in April. The last person was a complete jerk and denied everything, accused me of breaking the phone by going through the settings (exactly the way the tech support people told me to). So now I'm stuck with a phone that has crap for signal, won't allow data usage and customer "service" that does nothing to help! AdamE_VZW, what answers do you have?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there court1na.  I am sorry for your recent negative experience with our customer support team over the phone. We should never be accusing you of anything.  The fact that its happened twice means that there is something else going on and we need to figure it out.

If you are still having issues, we may need to file a resolution ticket with our network repair team on your behalf to review the area to see if there is any known issues. To do that I would need to speak with you. Please follow me, NicholasB_VZW and direct message me your mobile number and I will certainly reach out to you.

NicholasB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes