Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
bgoodbody
Novice

An over 10 year customer wonders, is it time to say goodbye to an unresponsive silent VZW?

 

There are so out of it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
devman
Member

I'm with you.  I've been a customer for over 10 years.  Not just a single line either, but a family plan to boot!  I've been waiting for a reason to venture into the smartphone world and last year I got it.  At last years Tech-Ed in New Orleans, I won a Windows Phone.  They gave me the option of getting a 6.5 or waiting for a WP7.  I opted to wait.

 

In October, MS told me that they could send me a phone soon, but it would be for a vendor other than Verizon.  Verizon is the only decent signal I could get at my rural home at the time.  They said if you'd like, you could wait for a Verizon phone.

 

So, here we are almost 1 year to the date from when I won my WP7 and still no phone.  I'm testing an AT&T phone (their towers have been expanded in our area) that I borrowed from work to see if AT&T's signal has improved in my area.  If by next week, my tests are decent, we're switching.

 

Seems that Verizon may want to think long and hard about the way they're beginning to think about customers.  They would do well to remember companies like IBM and Novell.  They, too, were "best in the land" and lost sight of why and for whom they were in business.  How many PC's does IBM now sell compared to Dell and how much market share does Novell have in the networking world compared to MS?

 

 

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
cgon
Member

It would seem that if you're an avid WP7 fan/user and you have a choice, do not use Verizon.

 

Perhaps VZW will prove to give WP7 some credit and treat it with some justice, but I have little faith/hope of that happening.

 

From my perspective, it truly feels like VZW is releasing a WP7 device only because they cannot be the only major carrier in supported locales that does not have one.  But as we all know, they're taking their sweet ... err ... time doing it.

 

Unless something drastically changes in two years + however much longer it takes to release the Trophy (e.g, MS really screws up Windows Phone with their push for Windows 8 on everything or Verizon embraces Windows Phone 7), this will be my last contract term with Verizon Wireless.  You better believe I am not going to be quiet about it amongst my peers, and this makes me sad because I do genuinely like their network.  But I cannot do business with a company that operates like this in regards to the product I want.  I can't even imagine what the pain is going to be like as we wait for updates to the devices.  Verizon doesn't want to offer updates to give more functionality and life to a phone.  It's in their best interest as a profit-machine to have us buy new phones and lock ourselves into 2 year contracts, not hold on to older ones.

 

Good luck with your decision.

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
hopmedic
Novice

I can't believe this...  Two months ago I switched to Sprint, and was amazed that as I sat in Microsoft's office in Alpharetta, GA, I had no signal.  That was one of the reasons I switched back (on top of having to use a Femtocel to use it at home).  Last week I got an ATT phone, to try it (mainly to use to test my app).  Today, I'm sitting in the Microsoft offices again, and with ATT, I dropped a call and even though the phone says 3G, I can't download a simple web page.  GRRR.......

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
cgon
Member

hopmedic wrote:

I can't believe this...  Two months ago I switched to Sprint, and was amazed that as I sat in Microsoft's office in Alpharetta, GA, I had no signal.  That was one of the reasons I switched back (on top of having to use a Femtocel to use it at home).  Last week I got an ATT phone, to try it (mainly to use to test my app).  Today, I'm sitting in the Microsoft offices again, and with ATT, I dropped a call and even though the phone says 3G, I can't download a simple web page.  GRRR.......


This is why I really hope Verizon doesn't treat us WP7 users like an unwanted child.  I've only been with them for 7 years total at the moment.  I really like their network coverage, the unlimited data doesn't hurt either.

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
GinaH_VZW
Novice

Hello everyone, I understand your frustration. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm happy to share with you it was announced that our first Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy, will be available for purchase online May 26 and in stores June 2, 2011. You can click the link below to see the full announcement on our News Center page:

 

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

 

On this same page, you're more than welcome to register your email address and receive the latest news straight to your inbox.

 

Thanks   

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
texanator
Member

GinaH_VZW wrote:

Hello everyone, I understand your frustration. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm happy to share with you it was announced that our first Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy, will be available for purchase online May 26 and in stores June 2, 2011. You can click the link below to see the full announcement on our News Center page:

 

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

 

On this same page, you're more than welcome to register your email address and receive the latest news straight to your inbox.

 

Thanks   



I registered my email address and haven't recieved any news. The only thing I've gotten is the confirmation email.

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
hopmedic
Novice

 


texanator wrote:

GinaH_VZW wrote:

Hello everyone, I understand your frustration. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm happy to share with you it was announced that our first Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy, will be available for purchase online May 26 and in stores June 2, 2011. You can click the link below to see the full announcement on our News Center page:

 

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

 

On this same page, you're more than welcome to register your email address and receive the latest news straight to your inbox.

 

Thanks   



I registered my email address and haven't recieved any news. The only thing I've gotten is the confirmation email.


Welcome to the spam club.

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
texanator
Member

hopmedic wrote:

 


texanator wrote:

GinaH_VZW wrote:

Hello everyone, I understand your frustration. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm happy to share with you it was announced that our first Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy, will be available for purchase online May 26 and in stores June 2, 2011. You can click the link below to see the full announcement on our News Center page:

 

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

 

On this same page, you're more than welcome to register your email address and receive the latest news straight to your inbox.

 

Thanks   



I registered my email address and haven't recieved any news. The only thing I've gotten is the confirmation email.


Welcome to the spam club.


What can I say. I was at that point where I became weak and desperate.  :smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
Re: Time to say goodbye? Can you hear ME now?
hopmedic
Novice

texanator wrote:

hopmedic wrote:

 


texanator wrote:

GinaH_VZW wrote:

Hello everyone, I understand your frustration. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and appreciate your continued loyalty. I'm happy to share with you it was announced that our first Windows 7 phone, the HTC Trophy, will be available for purchase online May 26 and in stores June 2, 2011. You can click the link below to see the full announcement on our News Center page:

 

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

 

On this same page, you're more than welcome to register your email address and receive the latest news straight to your inbox.

 

Thanks   



I registered my email address and haven't recieved any news. The only thing I've gotten is the confirmation email.


Welcome to the spam club.


What can I say. I was at that point where I became weak and desperate.  :smileyvery-happy: 


LOL!

0 Likes