Re: To those waiting for the 8.1 update
Tidbits
Legend

I have had problems with Cortana...  I will NEVER work for the life of me.  Just because a handful of people don't have problems doesn't mean everyone else isn't having problems.  The M8 when I initially played around with it never worked.  I ended up giving up on Cortana on various windows devices on DP.  From time to time the M8 would also drop connection at random times, and reconnect shortly there after.  Trying to remember all the bug reports I sent in...  There was more than a handful.

Yes I tried uninstalling preview reinstalled it... etc etc etc. Even now after some time Cortana still doesn't work on some of my devices and the M8 seems to be working fine.  Doesn't bother me much however...  I rarely use Siri, Google Now, and probably won't do the same with Cortana.  What matters to me is network dropping as much as it does on some of my devices(ranging from T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon).  As long as the update when release doesn't drop like it does for me than I will be happy...(probably because I swap through so many devices that I just want a stable connection).

speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Primortal, I started this thread in hopes that maybe that anyone who did have problems with 8.1 DP would list their problems here, and that Verizon would look at this tread to help find the and solve the stated problems. That would hopefully speed things up at Verizon so they could push 8.1 out to quiet all the cry babies out there. As to your question about problems with 8.1, several problems have been noticed by users of it. Some of them has been solved recently by Microsoft ixnay Update1 and update 2 (rumored to be released to developers in the fall). I thank you for your input and happy to hear that you are not having any problems with you phone, but some people out there may not be as lucky as you. That is who this thread is for.

Please see the attached pages below for listing of different problems people have had.

Solutions to 801881cd, 80188265, 801881d0, and other update issues on Windows Phone | Windows Phone ...

Windows Phone Central Forums

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks speedpilotf16 but VZW doesn't listen to these posts let alone report OS problems back to Microsoft; not their problem.  If it's a network connectivity issue or related you should be calling support and not reporting here being this is a peer-to-peer community.

Along with WPCentral forums to get needed support with Windows Phone OS issues Microsoft's own community is another resource; Windows Phone - Microsoft Community  Plus if you want to see specific features added to Windows Phone visit, Feature Suggestions: Hot (59956 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

How about Verizon take a few of their Nokia Lumia Icons that they have sitting around, update them, test them, and send the feature packed update out to us in a decent time frame?

"Har har we don't care little man. You little nobody smartphone user. You need service and devices and you will keep paying us for them no matter how we treat you. We will send the update when we get good and ready. If you want more features right now then buy the newest phone. Your phone works as well as it did when you bought it. We don't owe you anything. Deal with it."

So, its like that? Yep, sure is.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Right,............!

0 Likes
tvan15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have had no problems at all on my Icon except for my battery life not being quite as good as it was - hoping the Cyan update fixes that though whenever it comes.  Other than that, its been awesome, no issues at all with both 8.1 and 8.1 update 1.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

tvan15 wrote:

Have had no problems at all on my Icon except for my battery life not being quite as good as it was - hoping the Cyan update fixes that though whenever it comes.  Other than that, its been awesome, no issues at all with both 8.1 and 8.1 update 1.

What type of battery life are you getting?

I get about 2-3 days with light usage on my Icon.  Make sure you have turned off non-essential settings and disable applications running in the background you don't need.

0 Likes