Transfering contacts?
longcruise

How do I move my contacts from my old samsung flip phone (computer does not recognize the device) to my new 928?  I have not activated the 928 yet so I'm starting from scratch if that makes it easier!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfering contacts?
psiu_glen
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have Verizon Backup Assistant, you could use that I believe. Back up on flip phone, then activate 928, then use the Verizon app for it on there (I never used it though, as I saw gripes about it online, and I already have my contacts in Hotmail).

If you can't get Backup Assistant working, you could see if a VZW store could help.

Alternatively, this is the point where you go through and add contacts to an online account, whether Microsoft or Google is up to you (though, buying a Windows Phone would obviously lean towards MS, an Android toward Google). Both should fully sync on either WP or Android. Then you will be set for your next phone (and any tablets, and when you are using webmail at work, or an email client on your desktop, etc etc).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
psiu_glen
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have Verizon Backup Assistant, you could use that I believe. Back up on flip phone, then activate 928, then use the Verizon app for it on there (I never used it though, as I saw gripes about it online, and I already have my contacts in Hotmail).

If you can't get Backup Assistant working, you could see if a VZW store could help.

Alternatively, this is the point where you go through and add contacts to an online account, whether Microsoft or Google is up to you (though, buying a Windows Phone would obviously lean towards MS, an Android toward Google). Both should fully sync on either WP or Android. Then you will be set for your next phone (and any tablets, and when you are using webmail at work, or an email client on your desktop, etc etc).

0 Likes
fireball24

You can just go to the VZW store, since i am assuming your flip phone is not a smart phone.

VZW store can plug your flip phone and also plug your 928 , and the process is where, there little device transfer all your contacts from flip phone into itself, and then when they plug 928, they can transfer the contacts from the device back to your 928. it is also free, and depending on how many contacts you have, it can take anywhere from 10- 15 minutes.

i have gotten that done several time.

0 Likes