Trophy: Speaker Noise. quiet yet high pitch tone?
DriveSlow
Enthusiast - Level 3

so i got my HTC Trophy yesterday. so today i noticed that my phone makes a quiet, yet high pitched tone when the screen is on (maybe its when it is not asleep). so i turn the screen off.. (its quiet).. turn it on (i hear the tone). unlock (unlock sound plays, and there is something a second after that). then i hear that tone again.. its kinda like the speaker is always on and there is some kind of noise. (my volume is on 7).. could be my phone. could be the OS. anyone else have this sound?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trophy: Speaker Noise. quiet yet high pitch tone?
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Odds are it's the hardware.  Do a reset (settings, about, reset my phone, yes, yes), and if it still happens, take the phone to the store and tell them you want it replaced under warranty.

You will lose all your data that isn't synced to the cloud, but that is a troubleshooting step they'll make you go through anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Odds are it's the hardware.  Do a reset (settings, about, reset my phone, yes, yes), and if it still happens, take the phone to the store and tell them you want it replaced under warranty.

You will lose all your data that isn't synced to the cloud, but that is a troubleshooting step they'll make you go through anyway.

0 Likes
DriveSlow
Enthusiast - Level 3

just realized that i can only hear it with my right ear.. and its more of the area near the headphone jack. i'll bring it in during the weekend when i'm free.

0 Likes
DriveSlow
Enthusiast - Level 3

DriveSlow wrote:

just realized that i can only hear it with my right ear.. and its more of the area near the headphone jack. i'll bring it in during the weekend when i'm free.

my replacement should be coming sometime on tuesday.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have not seen this as a known issue on this device. It does sound like a hardware issue. Let us know if the replacement resolves your issue. 

0 Likes
DriveSlow
Enthusiast - Level 3

the replacement (new phone) has a tone too but its not noticeable unless you are really searching for it. so the replacement  fixed the issue enough that i am happy with it.

0 Likes