Turning background tasks back on?
kevinhyatt

In the settings menu, under background tasks, if you turn off an application and check the box that says to turn it back on next time you launch the app, the status should go from "blocked" to "allowed" when you open the app again right? Well it's not doing it. I've tried restarting the phone, clicking the box on and off, nothing works.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turning background tasks back on?
primortal
Master - Level 1

All apps or just a particular one?  I know I had one app that had this problem and it was on the app side and had to wait for an update from the developer to fix it.

0 Likes
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to be every app, two of them at least.. I haven't tried it with the other apps because I'm worried I won't be able to turn them back on if I turn them off. I've tried restarting the phone and everything. Nothing seems to work.. Maybe if I uninstall..

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'm try switching the phone to airplane mode and then back.  If they doesn't work try uninstall/reinstall.

0 Likes
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reinstalling the apps seems to have worked.. somewhat. The app isn't marked as one with it's background tasks blocked, it shows up under the advanced view as a program that might work in the background, but no longer shows up under the apps that are blockable, I did this with two apps, one was metrotalk free and the other was the facebook app from microsoft. Neither of them seem to be updating their livetiles until I actually launch the app.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I don't know about metrotalk free but Facebook for me also isn't listed in background tasks, only advanced.  So it might not be configured to update the title.

0 Likes