Unable to check for OS updates
mark6433

I am checking for OS updates but keep getting error message 80072f8f. I've searched online and found tips about changing the time and date, but this doesn't work for me. What do I need to do? I'm on OS version 8.10.14203.306

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to check for OS updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mark

Thanks for reaching out! Yes that is the most current software on the Lumnia 928. We want you to have a great working device. What issues were you havintg with the date and time?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mark6433

Hi JoeL_VZW,

I read on several other forums that the 80072f8f error was solved by checking and sometimes altering the date and time (for example, one user looking for updates learned his year was set incorrectly, thus causing the error). I tried this with no success. If 8.10.14203.306 is the latest version of the OS, it seems the update check would tell me that, rather than tell me it is unable to check. There seems to be a bug.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information provided mark6433. When did this error message start appearing on your phone? Where exactly is the date and time displayed incorrectly? Did you install any new recent third party applications when issues started?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes