Unable to load websites when connected to WiFi
fergyf2b

Brand new 928.  I can connect to my home wireless network.  I have 2 different networks.  Able to connect to both, but I get the "cannot display web page at this time" error.  I am rural and have Frontier for internet access and it is just over 1 MB in speed.  Any suggestions besides different internet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to load websites when connected to WiFi
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to run a speed test while connected to your home wifi?  You can also try turning OFF cellular data when using wifi.

Does your wifi router have any kind of MAC filtering in place?  If so, is your device one of the allowed MAC addresses?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@fergyf2b,

Using WiFi at home is definitely a great way to help manage your data usage, so I truly understand the importance of being able to connect to it when available.

Are you able to connect to other WiFi connections outside your home? Is the issue only when trying to connect to the WiFi inside your home?

Try turning the WiFi on and off on the device http://vz.to/17TZplP. You can also try deleting the WiFi connection on your phone and re-add it http://vz.to/1edptiW.

Please try these suggestions and keep me posted if the issue persists.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fergyf2b

I am able to connect to WiFi outside of the home and actually load pages. I only have about 1.1 MB of speed on my home internet with Frontier DSL. I live in a rural area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info fergy. If the phone is connecting to wifi in other locations, this does seem to be caused by the home wifi. 1.1 Mbps is kind of slow. Our 4G network averages from 5-12 Mbps. You may want to contact Frontier to see if they have faster options.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fergyf2b

I figured out the problem. I have an SMC wireless router plugged into frontier. The DHCP was still turned on in the smc.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

fergyf2b wrote:

I figured out the problem.  I have an SMC wireless router plugged into frontier.  The DHCP was still turned on in the smc.

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting the solution.  It may help someone else down the road.

0 Likes