Unable to reply to texts without restarting phone (HTC 8X)
RBwinphonehtc8x

Since my last update I keep getting "Can't send message Try again" errors when replying to text messages sent to me. After I get the message, I then also become unable to send new texts without restarting.

The pattern seems to be intermittent for when the errors occur, but lately at least once per day.

I checked the Microsoft website, but don't see anything so far.

Restarting allows me to reply and send new text messages.

Other than this, the phone has been superb.

Has anyone else seen this?

thx,

RB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to reply to texts without restarting phone (HTC 8X)
RBwinphonehtc8x

OS version is

0 Likes
moncenhs

I have the same problem here.  It's been occurring for awhile.  I thought it was from the last update, but I recently performed a factory restore of my phone because of a different issue.  The problem still occurs.  My wife's Nokia 822 doesn't seem to be affected by it, but I hear others are.  I recently broke the glass on my 8X so I ordered an 822 off Ebay as a replacement.  This seems to be occurring because of signal loss, according to other posts on here. I'm not sure if Verizon has ever responded with a statement or not.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

One factor everyone is forgetting is that while Microsoft does not allow Nokia, Samsung, htc, or other phone manufacturers to modify or skin the OS itself there are two sets of software that get updated when the manufacturer, Microsoft, and verizon approve and push an update to your phone. There is an update to windows phone itself (GDR2), (GDR3), etc then the manufacturer also updates the phone's firmware and if needed verizon also sends updated carrier settings. Since you said it's attributed to signal loss I would say it could be an HTC or verizon carrier settings issue.  If you are willing to pay the $19 annual fee and don't mind having a possible risk of voiding your warranty you can join the Windows Phone 8 preview for developers and see if GDR3 fixes the issue but once you install it you cannot go back of course when the official GDR3 with drivers update eventually gets pushed out you will still get that as well.

0 Likes
Dianne1960

Same problem 😕

0 Likes