Unable to text, post msgs to Facebook or email
Dirty_Deeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sorry for maybe the vagueness of this problem but I am having a hard time finding anything about it and/or explaining it correctly.  My Lumia 822 is almost 1 year old, I have the newest OS but these problems started happening several weeks after the upgrade (so I don't thinkt he upgrade is the problem).  Anyway, I cannot send email (I can check, read, hit the reply button but cannot hit the send button...it does not respond).  I also can look at facebook, like statuses, use all other buttons near the bottom but cannot post a reply to Facebook.  Lastly, I cannot send text messages anymore.  The button just does not respond to my touch...as the others are doing as well.  It's not the screen because the buttons will work on the bottom of the screen unless I am trying to do those three things I just said.  Well, when sending email I cannot hit the attach button either, they just do not respond.  I have done everything I know to do besides factory reset...which is last resort.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to text, post msgs to Facebook or email
Dirty_Deeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks primortal for the help with this.  I removed the SD card and it still was giving me problems.  Here is what I have done to "get around it".

Once I hit reply to an email and type my message...I have to hit the back arrow to remove the on screen keyboard.  Once the on screen keyboard is gone...I can depress the "Send" button.

Same things with text messages...

It's very odd and has never done that in the past.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Have you installed and apps after the update and before the problem started?  If so the app might be causing the problem.

You said you tried everything just checking if you tried a soft reset; it won't erase any data?

Press and hold the power button and volume down button for about 10 seconds will do the trick; the phone should vibrate and reboot your phone.

0 Likes
Dirty_Deeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've tried that.  I also deleted all new apps and some older ones just in case.

I finally decided to break down and due a factory reset.  The problem is still there.  I can't even get past the point of verifying my email address with a code because I can't press the "Done" button at the bottom of the screen.  I can choose all the "Next" buttons I want...soon as is something final like a "Done" button, it won't let me do it.  I am thinking a virus honestly.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Virus, highly unlikely.

If have micro sd card installed try removing it and see.

Wonder if the display sensor for that area is hosed.

Dirty_Deeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try the SD card.  I do not think it's the sensor as when the "Next" button is there...it responds to my touch.  Only when there is a "Done" or some other type of "FINAL" button (send/done/post) does it not work.

0 Likes
Dirty_Deeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks primortal for the help with this.  I removed the SD card and it still was giving me problems.  Here is what I have done to "get around it".

Once I hit reply to an email and type my message...I have to hit the back arrow to remove the on screen keyboard.  Once the on screen keyboard is gone...I can depress the "Send" button.

Same things with text messages...

It's very odd and has never done that in the past.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Very odd indeed.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If you have a Microsoft store around you stop by and see if they can offer any assistance.

0 Likes