Re: Update 7.10.8107.79, when?
alee001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am reluctant to use the cab update software just because I have been told that doing so will prevent you from installing carrier specific updates (like this last radio update from VZW).

This is ridiculous though.  As I understand it, we missed a critical security patch (7740) dealing with compromised website certificates and now we're missing a support patch which helps the user interface (8107) only because Verizon is totally uninterested in supporting this phone.  Microsoft is pumping the patches out...do you guys really think it takes months to field test the updates?  Verizon...wtf already?

I've been very tempted to simply buy an unlocked Lumia 900 and switch to AT&T.  Verizon needs to get over the Kin debacle and realize that PAYING CUSTOMERS are getting angry.

djross95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone from Verizon comment on the status of the 8701 update?  I don't need a specific date, but at least would like to know if you folks are working on it.  I have a LOT of problems with the disappearing keyboard bug, which is fixed by this update.  Come on, Verizon, treat your customers with a little respect and let us know the status of this update!

0 Likes
bhiranya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hear hear!

What is so hard about releasing an update that has already been around for a while, tried and tested and even been installed on Verizon phones (well the only phone) with complete success and fixes plenty of issues, most notably the disappearing keyboard and security (you'd think Verizon'd be all over that). So what's the hold up?

I hope there are those of you at Verizon realise that there are still few customers who are capable of thinking for themselves and chose to buy a certain phone out of personal preference rather than blindly accept the latest fad in the form of an android hashup that you push on us (or for heaven's sake help us an iPhone because you finally have it and we all simply need one but we just don't know why?)

I realise that you know most of us are stuck with verizon either due to coverage reasons or because of the more recent data package restructuring, so it just feels like verizon doesn't really give a hoot "cos' what're they gonna do? Leave?"

Is it really that difficult and costly to re-release/approve (cos its out there, just not through verizon) an update? I would really love an explanation besides the textbook "we are currently conducting rigorous testing to ensure complete customer satisfaction." Heck the "testing's" taking just as long as it took Microsoft to program the update and test it themselves. Or is it that the security update is actually keeping the prying eyes of Verizon out? Hmm?

More info at this thread https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/777116#777116

bhiranya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah but that was a minor update. I had circumvented that problem entirely but not installing the HTC Connection Assistant (or whatever its called). No assistant, no 3G issues. weird huh? But all other issues still prevail

0 Likes
bhiranya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ha just realised how VZ reps would be all over this post if it were an iPhone or a Razrr with all sorts of helpful answers and suggestions

0 Likes
djross95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, bhiranya, I agree with your comments. 

Are you listening, Verizon?  It's bad enough that you've completely ignored Windows Phone, releasing only the Trophy in the last 18 months (one of the most popular and highly rated phones in your line).  But then to not support your one Windows Phone by not releasing key updates that your customers are asking for  to solve problems they are experiencing borders on the criminal.  Or, if you are planning to release it, TELL US!  Is that so hard?  Not all of us want Droids or iPhones, you know.  

Good grief, I never thought I'd miss AT&T, but you guys are pushing me in that direction......    

Morbid_Fun

Thank you for this advice. It worked great for me. Take care.

0 Likes
spd970

Verizon,

my keyboard constantly disappears when entering text on websites. Microsoft released a fix for this almost 3 months ago. why won't you send us the update?

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Read my post on how to force the 8107 update here:

I feel there's no more reason to wait on Verizon. When my contract is up I will likely move to AT&T for LTE support on the Lumia lineup of phones.

0 Likes
erichon99

I was able to receive the minor radio update AFTER installing the build 8107.  I heard of that rumor, but I don't think it's true, which makes me even madder at VZ for not caring about its WP customers.

0 Likes