Update error 0-80188308
Smakmah

After I download the update and the phone reboots, I repeatedly get error 0x80188308 when I try to install. Has anyone else had this problem? And more importantly, does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update error 0-80188308
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Smakmah. I apologize for the error message. While I haven't seen this happen with the 8x, I'll do all I can to help. First, can you confirm which software version you have now? Go to Settings> About.

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Smakmah

Hey, thanks for helping - I have windows 8.1 right now. It keeps saying I cannot install the downloaded update. 😕

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shakmah, I know the importance of ensuring you're able to download the latest and greatest software! I researched this for you and found that according to a Microsoft; this error code 80188308 is a result of running out of storage space during the update. Here is the link provided to ensure space is freed up so your phone will allow the update process to complete: http://spr.ly/6581BBqQb. Thank you and please keep us posted on this.

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes