Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Updated Apps?
hopmedic
Novice

Got an app that has a bug?  Wonder when there will be an update?  Here's what you need:

First, this is a source of frustration for many of us developing apps.  I have one app that is on version 1.6, and there are still people using 1.0.  I have no way of contacting people to tell them that there is an update available.  This causes both me and the user to miss out.  They are missing out because there have been updates that both fixed minor bugs, and enhanced features.  They are not seeing those changes.  I miss out because I have changed the way the advertisements work in the later versions, which enables me to make more money (not that it's a lot - I average between $1 and $2 a day right now), while actually improving the user experience.  In future updates, I will be adding a way that the app will check a file on my web site to see if there is an update, and it will pop up telling the user that there is an update available.  This will be in future apps that I create.  It is not in the current versions yet. Keep in mind, not all developers will be doing this.

Here's what you can do now.  First, pin the Marketplace to your start screen.  It is a live tile.  If there is a number on it, that number tells you how many apps you have installed that have updates available.  Tap it, then at the bottom of the screen you will see updates.  Tap that and you can choose updates to install.  Just take a quick glance at the live tile now and then, and you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that you have the latest versions of all your apps.

If you don't want Marketplace to be pinned, no problem.  Just tap it now and then in the program list, and check at the bottom of the page that comes up.  It will tell you if there are updates available.

I hope this helps you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes