VZW employees say May 19th at TechEd
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Corry Diehl @corrydiehl on Twitter, in response to @bc3tech's claim that his local Best Buy said they'd have Trophy handsets to sell on May 19, said that VZW (Verizon Wireless) employees confirmed the Trophy would be released May 19.

http://twitter.com/#!/corrydiehl/status/70202386530058240

Here's to more rumors!  May 19th?  Who knows, let's hope!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW employees say May 19th at TechEd
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

By now we all know Verizon and HTC have made an official announcement but here's a wrap up to this thread.

The good news:

• We finally have a date!  May 26th online, June 2nd in store
  • $149 (with $50 mail-in rebate)
  • Buy before July 15 and get a free Xbox 360 game (choose between 3)

The bad news:

• Two more weeks before they're in store

Full press release here:

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/05/pr2011-05-18d.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can add this to the rumor thread. Label it friend of a source says so.

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

and the world is going to end again on the 21st, you will get two days with the phone... thanks verizon

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

He also said that that Verizon actually had a booth there and were handing out the flyers

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

then add it to the rumor thread as "friend of a source with unseen flyers says so"

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I were a VZW rep having found myself at TechEd this week staffing a VZW booth, I'd confirm it as well. They are probably getting hammered by the 10,000 attendees and 800 MS staff who are there this week - - probably a couple of guys from the sales floor of a local company store - I don't feel sorry for them - did they think they were going there to hand out iphones? Do ya think showing up at Microsoft's premier develper conference with a flyer was going to make all those developers happy?

And confirming it by some guy at the local BestBuy - I saw it on the interweb too....

not to bash you, but with 10,000 folks there, don't you think there would be more than a couple of tweets if it were credible?

I think it's a useless, self serving tweet to get people to click on his name.

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

jimho wrote:

If I were a VZW rep having found myself at TechEd this week staffing a VZW booth, I'd confirm it as well. They are probably getting hammered by the 10,000 attendees and 800 MS staff who are there this week - - probably a couple of guys from the sales floor of a local company store - I don't feel sorry for them - did they think they were going there to hand out iphones? Do ya think showing up at Microsoft's premier develper conference with a flyer was going to make all those developers happy?

And confirming it by some guy at the local BestBuy - I saw it on the interweb too....

not to bash you, but with 10,000 folks there, don't you think there would be more than a couple of tweets if it were credible?

I think it's a useless, self serving tweet to get people to click on his name.

Totally agree.  The posting of this thread was in part to start posting more rumors (that all of us have already heard) because VZW decided it was a good idea to start marking threads as "solved."  That being said, while I am aware this is all just pure rumor until I have a device in my hand, hearing just anything still keeps the slightest glimmer of hope that I'm going to be holding a WP7 device in the very near future and helps me wait without raging.  Unlike some lucky ones here were able to switch carriers, I am stuck on Verizon.  Don't get me wrong, I really like VZW's network - have always hated their phone selection.  Hate it even more that it's all basically Android (not disrespect to any Android-lover).  If I'm the only person like this then I apologize for wasting your time.

Of course, you have to wonder why in the world Verizon would have a booth there if they aren't releasing a phone for awhile longer (imo awhile longer is next week and later).  They're either that incompetent with their marketing strategy (not ruling this out) or we can hopefully be expecting something soon, soon as in Thursday.  Secondly, I would hate to be the guys there having to man that booth.  I would have loved to be an attendee to TechEd asking them questions though.  Sure, they're not responsible for the delay but that's how it goes.

There were a couple more tweets that I saw floating around regarding VZW and TechEd, although it was difficult to tell just where they were coming from in the end.  So again, I agree with you there as well.

That being said, again, this all just helps me keep some shred of dignity during what has turned out to be a horrible phone release.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Trohy this week seems highly unlikely given a few driod phones were announced today for release the 19th via web and following week in stores.

a couple of random twit(ters) from Tech Ed is a baseless foundation.

Just grasp that verizon is absolutely pathetic with devices as it will spare you aggrivation and frustation.

0 Likes
uceric

kinda doubt it seeing that VZW isn't even listed as an exhibitor at this week's event. We'll just have to continue to wait      and wait          and wait          and wait...............................

0 Likes