VZW to VZW text messages have call back number in every message after Tango update
bhiranya
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all I want to say how much I appreciate VZW rolling out the WP updates in a timely manner for once (is this the first time they've ever done so, for any phone?), even with the outdated technology (or just the one device), and I'm sure it'll keep us WP faithfulls happy for a little while longer. However I do have an issue with the latest update because it seems like VZW has been affected in such a way that now I have a "Call back at xxx-xxx-xxxx" after every text message received from a Verizon customer. At first I thought it was my friends and family telling me to call them back, and I did (to some degree of annoyance caused me and others) and now its just a plain nuisance. Some web perusing resulted in a few others having the same issue and only on verizon so far

I know who's texting me at any given time because their names are displayed on top and if I want to call them all I have to do is tap the name (and if no name then the number is so displayed), so displaying "call back at" so and so is just unnecessary and only serves to clutter up an otherwise clean nested message history/interface. So my question is there a way to disable this (which I have yet to find) or does VZW know about this error and plan to fix it, hopefully very soon? Or is this an issue with microsoft?

Labels (1)
Re: VZW to VZW text messages have call back number in every message after Tango update
Peacec

I'm having this same issue as well. Hoping for a solution soon.

0 Likes
Re: VZW to VZW text messages have call back number in every message after Tango update
marent

I am experiencing the same issue. It's incredible annoying. I know that if you ask whoever your texting to turn off their callback number that the issue will go away for that number but I don't want to do that for every person I know who has Verizon. I just want to bump up this issue. Does anyone know of any permanent fixes yet?

0 Likes
mikmikmik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Very annoying.

0 Likes
katphoti

I found the answer to this problem.  I think it depends on what kind of phone you have, but I was able to turn off the CB# in the messages.  I have a Samsung Stratosphere.  I was able to go into Messaging, then the menu icon, then choose Settings.  Under the settings there was a choice called Callback enabled.  I was able to to uncheck this choice and now my callback number no longer shows up.  Hope this helps everyone!

0 Likes