Verizon Apps Wishlist for Windows Phone 7
chadmc

I have seen leaked details of the My Verizon app for Windows Phone 7 online.  It looks like it lets people view their plan, update their profile, view usage, see vcast vidoes, and it has a cool family locator.   What apps or features do people want to see from Verizon once WP7 launches?

Here's my list:

- Visual Voicemail

- Tethering App

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Apps Wishlist for Windows Phone 7
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Copy & Paste App

Twitter integration

Multitasking application

A working 'sync' app between the phone and Outlook

0 Likes
Talzor
0 Likes
audidiablo

Windows Phone 7 as of NoDo update which includes CDMA support also has Copy & Paste built in so no app needed there.

Twitter apps exist and when Mango update rolls out later this year will also have twitter integrated just as Facebook presently is.

Multitasking is coming with Mango update and appears to be pretty quick and easy to use. I've seen demo's and it is looking good.

The phone should sync with your live account without any problems. On the other hand Exchange I'm not sure of but it would be odd for MS not to support thier own software offerings with other software they supply. I believe it depends on what accounts are loaded into the phone and from there it will be able to sync the phone to exchange which is what Outlook usually relies on.

I see the only thing really is Twitter integration as somewhat relevant for those who tweet. I don't tweet so it is of no concern to me. Multitasking I can live without for the time being and will be nice to have down the road. Copy Paste is built in so you can scratch that off your list. Sync should work as well but I cannot confirm this especially without any knowledge of what your setup looks like presently. I would assume it works though.

0 Likes
mbair

I agree with the need for syncing between MICROSOFT Outlook and MICROSOFT Windows Phone 7. 

Not using Live or Exchange. 

Just the ability to sync Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.

Blackberry software accomplishes this very well.  It should be available on a Windows Phone OS.

0 Likes
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed Tethering and Visual Voicemail would be great. How about an app for these forums. 

0 Likes
robowerks

NFL Redzone for WP7 please...

0 Likes
nplindsay

There are two features which I don't think will be initially supported on the HTC Trophy but which I think would be helpful:

1. Tethering support that would allow a laptop or other wireless device to access the Internet via the phone. In other words, they should support the DUN Bluetooth profile.

2. Support of the HID Bluetooth profile which would allow the phone to be used with an external keyboard. As more people leave their laptops in their home or office and *just* use their phone when traveling, the combination of a smart phone and fold-up portable keyboard is actually pretty useful.

0 Likes
Duk3togo
0 Likes
Talzor
0 Likes