Verizon Wireless no longer supports Group Text Messaging on Windows Phones
akyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to a Nokia Lumia 822 from an HTC Trophy. I have had a series of text messaging issues. First I couldn't send picture text, then some of my regular texts wouldn't go through and now I receive the same replies multiple times. I was informed that this is a device issue and not a Verizon Wireless issue. I now have to exchange my phone which is fine as long as it corrects the issue. My main grievance is the removal of Group Text Messaging. You can send a group message however when it leaves the phone it breaks out into single texts so the recipients do not know it is a group message. When I receive a group message it comes in from the original messanger only and I can not reply to the group message. I find this BEYOND annoying as I used this feature a lot on my Trophy. The only suggestion I was offered was since I am within my 14 day window I can return the Lumia and get an Iphone or Android. Really?!?! That is BS! I think Verizon Wireless should bring the Group Text Messaging Feature back to Windows Based Phones!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless no longer supports Group Text Messaging on Windows Phones
primortal
Master - Level 1

File a complaint with the FCC being the VZW is allowing this on all their other phones except for the ones running WP8.

firepit

Has it been updated in the last couple days?  I was hoping the latest update would fix this.  Still on my Trophy and was hoping to upgrade.  Now thinking of moving to AT&T as it's not an issue on their windows 8 phones

thanks,

0 Likes
akyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone yesterday and it didn't help. It seems to have cleared up my other text messaging issue but group text is still not being offered.

I have a friend that works for Microsoft dealing with the WP8 phones. He is teamed up with Verizon Wireless as a carrier and he informed me that this is Verizon Wireless's decision. He is hoping they reconsider but he is not sure when it will happen.

0 Likes