Re: Verizon Won't get more WP7 Devices until they have LTE
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1
I know the trophy is available. But its not up to par specs wise with what I want. HTC Titan, or Samsung Focus S device is more in line with what I want. Trophy was 8 months old by the time Verizon got it. Even older now. For a first gen WP7 device, its even below the original Samsung Focus. I am not signing a two year contract on a phone that old with no FF cam, slower processor, etc.
0 Likes
haysouse1

^ I hear ya.  I think locking in with the Titan or whatever else single core old-G device is not a good idea either, especially when WP8 or whatever it'll be called is dangled for mid 2012.  Fow now I'm eschewing this mess and going LTE Android (yes, even considering the spyware problems someone else posted here.  I think spyware issues are mostly up to the user).  Heck, if I just do nothing and wait for MS/Verizon to sort it out, it might take another 20 months anyway and who knows what the landscape will be like then.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

I am going to stick it out and wait if CES brings any news.  I am still under contract until May.  But by then It would be 5 months since my loyalty discount was available.  It will most likely expire by the time a new WP7 phone comes out to Verizon, if they get one at all.

I am currently on Android (Original HTC Droid Incredible)  It's still doing ok, since I recently got Gingerbread on it.  If by May nothing looks like it's coming, I may just jump ship to ATT.  They should have their Nokia device by then.  My sisters boyfriend is a regional manager there and should be able to get me a sweet deal on any phone he said.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

You know, there are reasons that there are no LTE Windows Phones yet...  Battery life being a primary one.  Here's my question for Verizon:

What is Apple's time line for LTE? 

0 Likes
haysouse

"You know, there are reasons that there are no LTE Windows Phones yet...  Battery life being a primary one."

That's fine, gimme an LTE phone and I'll switch back to 3G or no data when I want more battery life.  

MS using battery as an excuse is looking lame this long after LTE rollout.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

haysouse wrote:

"You know, there are reasons that there are no LTE Windows Phones yet...  Battery life being a primary one."

That's fine, gimme an LTE phone and I'll switch back to 3G or no data when I want more battery life.  

MS using battery as an excuse is looking lame this long after LTE rollout.

Which would be great if there was a way to turn LTE off.....

Again, I'll ask, since VZW wants a "timeline that makes sense" from Microsoft...  What does Apple's timeline look like?

0 Likes
haysouse1

Why wouldn't there be a way to turn LTE off?

What does apple have to do with anything?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Its just the VZW is twisting Microsoft arm for LTE support and we're not hearing the same arm twisting for the iPhone.  Most likely and LTE capible iPhone willl be released next year; the rumored iPhone 5 that was support to be released this year.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Because on the Android phones you can't turn LTE off.  Thats why.  If you have one, and live in an LTE area, you are always on LTE, eating up battery life.  Check out Engagets review of the HTC Rezound.  Like 5 hours of battery life at best.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

JasonSCarter wrote:

Because on the Android phones you can't turn LTE off.  Thats why.  If you have one, and live in an LTE area, you are always on LTE, eating up battery life.  Check out Engagets review of the HTC Rezound.  Like 5 hours of battery life at best.

You can turn LTE radio off...  It's just not an option like just clicking through settings to do it.
0 Likes