Verizon, please say something. Will we be able to use a lumia 950?
TheRealPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I personally need to add two lines at the first of the year, but I need the Microsoft 950XL. The business capabilities are too great to pass up.  Can someone at Verizon please respond?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon, please say something. Will we be able to use a lumia 950?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you read the specifications posted by Microsoft on their own website, the 950 and 950XL are not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Verizon will tell you to keep checking the Sales page.  Check the other 4 threads regarding this same subject.

TheRealPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not really saying much of anything then are they

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Those other threads have a lot of info, but no, Verizon isn't saying much.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you read the specifications posted by Microsoft on their own website, the 950 and 950XL are not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TheRealPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I doubt they created a phone that cannot use CDMA.  But my question was not to spark a debate on what information has been reported to possibly be the case.  I would like someone from Verizon to simply tell us straight up what is happening so that we can prepare to make our decisions.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microsoft did design and build a phone without the CDMA radios. The specifications are in black and white.

Hopefully their next phone is universal.

TheRealPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

If that really is the case then it should be easy for Verizon to say that and the case is closed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has no say in what devices Microsoft creates.

TheRealPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

you are off topic and rebutting something I have not even claimed.  I simply want them to tell us what is going on because although you think you know, none of us actually do.

0 Likes