Verizon’s HTC 8X and Lumia 822 coming
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3
Re: Verizon’s HTC 8X and Lumia 822 coming
primortal
Master - Level 1

We won't hear anything about Lumia 9xx anytime soon.  I think there's an agreement not to steal the thunder away from AT&T with the Lumia 920.

We'll have to see what happens on Black Friday.  You can read more info on that speculation here,

0 Likes
soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. Not excited at all. Not a 920, I don't care.  I don't think they will sell many of these at all. The only windows 8 phone with any kinda hype is the 920.  Everything else is just meh. They will sit on lots of stock, get bitter about windows phones again dump the line because the only windows 8 phone that anyone is remotely interested in, they don't have.

0 Likes
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a good article comparing the HTC 8X with the Lumia 920. Not sure if the differences are enough to make me want to jump ship. Both devices have their pluses and minuses.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57516060-94/htc-windows-phone-8x-vs-nokia-lumia-920-specs-and-more/

0 Likes
wilks7
Enthusiast - Level 2

looking like the Nokia 822 for me........can't wait

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

So mad that there is no ATIV S. Uggh that is the phone I wanted since 920 isn't coming anymore. Now the ATIV S is not even there. So sick of this. I don't know now if I even want WP8 anymore

0 Likes
wilks7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully they look like that white one with the charging pad in the render that has popped up.....that looked pretty sharp

0 Likes
Pavlovscow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Feel the same way.  Unfortunately the significant difference are the camera, although we haven't technically seen the 8x camera.  The big deal for me is the storage.  why only 16GB?

The good news, with AT&T and other carriers launching first, we can see reviews of the phones.  If the pricing is off from competitors for the 8x or the 920 truly blows the 920 out of the water I will reconsider.  For now, I'm trying to wrap my head around accepting the 8x instead of the phone I really want.

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

There may still be hope for the Ativ S. So far it is not showing up on any U.S. carrier. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed.Samsung can use as many outlets as possible right now.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Heck no man, I'll say what I said before, the Lumia 822 looks like one those crap phone that Verizon gives out for free if you sign a 2 year contract

0 Likes