Verizon still won't activate HP Elite x3 !? What's wrong with Verizon?
DKH57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the Elite x3 two weeks ago directly from the HP online store AFTER confirming both in a chat and email with HP sales support that the current model 2CF75UT#ABA worked on the Verizon network.  

However, much to my surprise and disappointment, Verizon refuses to activate it. 

They claim that it is not a Verizon approved device.  In fact, they told me they had NO models of the x3 in any variation on their compatible device list.   I know that the Elite x3's being sold by the Microsoft Store are certainly being activated by Verizon.

What is that model number if it's different?  Has anyone on this forum gotten the 2CF75UT#ABA activated on Verizon and if so how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon still won't activate HP Elite x3 !? What's wrong with Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DKH57, we apologize if you were misinformed at all. We Elite X2 and Hydro Elite are the only 2 models we supported. Other devices can be activated if they are compatible with the network, and we would never refuse to activate them. We try to activate the device and if it doesn't work we inform you. You can check the device here > http://vz.to/29Hwig0

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
fuejo4u
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
fuejo4u
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fuejo4u, Knowing what upcoming devices will be available is exciting. We don't have any information at this time. We can keep you informed of any details on new devices or services as they become available here: 

http://spr.ly/6586DzZXO

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DKH57
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE:  The HP Elite X3 actually does work on Verizon .... as long as you get the correct model which is only available from the Microsoft Store.

Don't try to buy one direct from HP even if they tell you the 2CF75UT#ABA model will work on Verizon.

Microsoft is currently selling two models.  The Verizon-specific model is 2CF73UT#ABA - that's the one you need.  The Elite x3 technical support escalation team explained to me that it isn't a hardware issue, but instead the Verizon OS image is different (i.e. it's the software that comes with that specific model that makes it work on Verizon).  The HP tech warned about buying that model from a 3rd party (e.g. eBay), etc., since if the phone is ever reset it needs to have been done with that correct Verizon-specific image.

Now that I have the "Elite x3 Verizon" model 2CF73UT#ABA from the Microsoft Store (they were very accommodating!!), the activation on Verizon and migration of all my apps, settings and history from my old Lumia 735 has been very smooth.

JOADOW

Since these are no longer in the Microsoft Store, do you know where I can find one?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

At this point, eBay might be the best way to go.

Microsoft has ended development for W10M and is now only doing bug fixes. No new Windows phones are in the pipeline. There are rumblings of a new foldable courier device (Andromeda) being developed by Microsoft, but, it is, at least, a year away....assuming that it doesn't get terminated along the way.

0 Likes
seebs

You can definitely use the HP Elite x3 on Verizon as long as you have the CDMA version of the phone (released in Nov. 2017) and not the GSM version. It's January 2021 right now and I'm still using my HP Elite x3 on Verizon and have been since Nov. 2017.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes