Visual Voice Mail and Mango Build 7712, anyone get it working?
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Moved over to Verizon from AT&T yesterday, and so far loving it.

Loaded Mango build 7712 on my Trophy without any issue yesterday.

I also asked the sales rep to make sure that visual voice mail was added to the account and line i am using.

But i still can't get VVM to work.

Has anyone gotten it to work? 

and how can i make sure tha tmy account and line have the feature added?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail and Mango Build 7712, anyone get it working?
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'm guessing that Mango has been "officially" launched on VZW's network so visual voice mail might not be configured on VZW side yet.  And most likely VZW will build their own app and prohibit MS's app. 

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1
Unless you had coverage dead-zones on at&t i can't imagine why you'd be "loving it" being on verizon/cdma where your data stops while you talk (see GPS turn-by-turn). regardless VVM needst to be enabled by Verizon, AFAIK only TM has VVM to date for WP7 devices.

FoggyCats wrote:

Moved over to Verizon from AT&T yesterday, and so far loving it.

Loaded Mango build 7712 on my Trophy without any issue yesterday.

I also asked the sales rep to make sure that visual voice mail was added to the account and line i am using.

But i still can't get VVM to work.

Has anyone gotten it to work? 

and how can i make sure tha tmy account and line have the feature added?

thanks

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

My AT&T service was terrible at home, full dead zone pretty much.

I tried T-Mobile last year and it was good but their out of country service was terrible, so this time we are going with VZW, so far so good. Yes CDMA has its downside, but at this point its the best for us.  I don't mind the data/voice thing, since i just don't run into case that often.

As for VVM, yah it all seems to be in big red's court now, i sure hope they don't go a build some app to do it, since the Mango integration is really awesome, adn would be the best solution.

Perhaps we can get lucky and have a VZW rep speak up here.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Primortal, 

Please note that the Mango software has not been released for the HTC Trophy. This is not software that we support for this device at this time. 

To get updates for new services and products, please visit:

Email Updates

Thank you!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

Hi Primortal, 

Please note that the Mango software has not been released for the HTC Trophy. This is not software that we support for this device at this time. 

To get updates for new services and products, please visit:

Email Updates

Thank you!

Mango has been released for all Windows Phones, but only for developers, and only in Beta, and yes, one of the things that you agreed to (about a dozen times) (as did I) is that it voids the warranty, and is not supported by the carrier.  Once the backup (you did make backups of your backup, right?) is reinstalled to the phone, THEN it will again be supported by the carrier.  Once the carrier releases Mango for all, THEN Mango will be supported by the carrier.

0 Likes
ChicagoVZUser

Any word when VZ will support Mango?  Soon I hope.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

ChicagoVZUser wrote:

Any word when VZ will support Mango?  Soon I hope.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this :smileywink:

Look how long it took VZW to even get the a WP7 device..  Also no other carrier has a mango device available yet.  Let see what HTC announces next week, http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-september-1st-event-focus-mango

0 Likes
jsmith1085
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
ChicagoVZUser

I'm going to wait for slow Verizon.  At that link, one of the users seemed to brick his phone. He said: "I was going through the update process and on the final update step 8 (restarting phone) my phone won't restart so I'm not sure where to go from here."

On the other hand, most people had zero or minor problems. 

0 Likes