WANTED: An Explanation
Kirknnc

As a paying VZW customer who bought the "Windows Phone 8.1 ready" flagship Lumia Icon, I believe that the Lumia Icon community at least deserves an explanation on the delay of the update. Seeing that the update was announced 6 months ago (a quarter of the phones lifetime) and there has not been any statement from Verizon on the subject, I believe that we at least deserve an explanation. I understand that Microsoft may or may not have a role to play as well in these updates, but as the hardware supplier and service provider, VZW should be able to provide an explanation.

For those of you who DO NOT work for VZW and think you know what is going on, let me go ahead and stop you now... don't comment below. Additionally, if you do work for VZW and are only offering a BS customer relations comment in any way similar to, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience," again, please do not comment.

To clarify, I am not demanding or even requesting the update, but I believe that this situation has been handled embarrassingly by Verizon and could be largely mitigated with a simple explanation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WANTED: An Explanation
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

They are able to provide an explanation. They're simply unwilling to do so.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Exactly what would an explanation accomplish? Would there even be a explanation that you find acceptable? I doubt it. Even if they had a perfectly logical and reasoned explanation would that make you want the update less or make you less impatient for it? Nope.

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

I disagree. We've been asking for an explanation of the delay for months. A simple straightforward explanation of what types of issues are cropping up in the testing and why the phone was retired so quickly would have been quite welcome.

We're big boys and girls. Tell us what's going on.

At this point the taste in many of our mouths is so bad that even after the update rolls out, we're going to remain angry.

0 Likes
Kirknnc

Well there has to be an explanation, and the only reason we haven't heard it is because they chose not to tell us... so thank you for stating the obvious.

0 Likes
Kirknnc

I would actually feel better about this whole situation if there was an explanation. I am fairly familiar with programming and know there are always delays, I can understand that. But my complaint is with the way that Verizon has handled the situation. It is Customer Relations 101 to keep the customer informed on delays and such for products that have been sold. I'm actually fairly happy with WP8, and can wait for the update, again my argument isn't with the update, it is with Verizon for being mislead and kept in the dark.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only explanation is the one already given by Microsoft. The update is planned for early 2015. That's all you are going to get until the update is ready to push to the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

That is NOT an explanation nor is it any way helpful to the conversation.

0 Likes
Not applicable

OK let's say they say just they don't feel like giving you the update. How does that help you? What if there was a technical explanation in which they give you in exact details. Once again what does that do for you?

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

It allows me to make an educated choice on what to do next. Do I keep an unsupported device or do I move to another one? Pretty simple concept, actually.

0 Likes