Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
WE WANT THE 7.8 UPDATE
jsmith1085

Release the 7.8 update... All HTC Trophy phones that are unlocked or on Vodaphone (Europe) HAVE A WORKING VERSION OF 7.8!!!

Get your act together Verizon, your support and customer service is ATROCIOUS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WE WANT THE 7.8 UPDATE
jescott418

I have a Trophy myself but am not sure what all the hurry is about 7.8? From all that I have read the 7.8 won't get much of the improvements 8.0 has? Except for tiles being resized and some UI features like more background colors?

Seriously this will be a big disappointment to most. Personally I would have called it 7.6 not 7.8. Its not worth that much of a bump in series numbers.

0 Likes
Dcboratko

Completely agreed.  I have no idea why they haven't spent the effort to release it on the Trophy yet when it's been on all other devices for over a month.

0 Likes
jescott418

Last I read the Trophy was being dropped end of Jan 2013. I really question if it will ever get 7.8?I am just as upset at Microsoft for not providing 8.0 to the small percentage of loyal Windows phone buyerswho gave Windows phone a chance. Even if I do get 7.8 on my Trophy. I consider it  less then a full supportfrom Microsoft.

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:59:16 -0700

To: >Email address deleted<

Subject: Re: WE WANT THE 7.8 UPDATE - Re: WE WANT THE 7.8 UPDATE

created by Dcboratko in HTC Trophy - View the full discussion

Completely agreed.  I have no idea why they haven't spent the effort to release it on the Trophy yet when it's been on all other devices for over a month.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

thewritingcritic

>Post deleted for cross posting. In addition the links would have been deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

0 Likes
Zonker87

Rumor has it that 7.8 has custom alerts; <Comments about moderator activities removed per the .>

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

T-Mobile hasn't released the update on a lot of their older devices.  Even in some countries with countries with no carrier involvement. 

0 Likes
cszamir

+1 for wanting the 7.8 update.

0 Likes
JYarbrough

+2 for wanting the 7.8 update!!

0 Likes
southrichmondrocks

+3 for the 7.8 - but if you listen to HTC, its not going to happen.  And the silence from Verizon is deafening.  Nothing from @winphonesupport either.  Really disappointed in all three of them.....

0 Likes