Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3

HTC is having their “coming out” party tomorrow and are supposed to announce at least one WP8 phone that will be carried by Verizon.

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-announces-september-19th-date-new-windows-phone-announcement

0 Likes
Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people
ListeningStone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel the same way. I am tired of waiting. I have a trophy and love it but want a hi-end windows 8 phone and it doesn't look like Verizon will be carrying any hi-end phones. What the hell is going on at Big-Red

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Don't give up hope yet.  HTC is having their announcement today, not that I'd expect them to say Verizon is going to partner with them...   But there's already a leaked Nokia 822 and a rumored 920, so let's hope for the 920 to be true, and let's hope for a higher-end HTC.  HTC has put out some pretty good phones, but HTC does the full spectrum from low to high.  We just happened to get the lower end last time.  Let's hope that this time around we get the better end of the stick.  Just don't give up hope.  Verizon said they'd back this ecosystem, let's give them the chance to prove it.

0 Likes
ListeningStone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just read this morning that HTC will only be offering a low and mid range windows 8 phone. I hope this is not true. I figured if the Lumia 920 didn't come to Verizon I would be able to purchase a high end HTC but is looks doubtful. I will keep my fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I've seen a couple rumors for higher end HTC devices, so we'll have to wait until 10 or 11 (IIRC) today when they have their announcement. 

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ListeningStone, it looks like HTC has themselves confirmed that what you have heard is wrong...

Referring to their Windows Phone strategy, he said "We will have two flagships," saying HTC planned to challenge the Nokia Lumia 920′s claim to be the flagship Windows Phone 8 handset

http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-says-they-will-have-both-android-and-windows-phone-flagships-need-to-mark...

We will learn more in an hour when the live blogging starts at 11am ET

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

By the way - if they are right.... And they intend to challenge the notion that the 920 is THE flagship WP8 device, then this could be really good for us.... 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

They are.  I already started a separate thread.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/782999

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

In fact, JUST NOW, they said on stage:

In the US, the 8X is coming to AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon!

0 Likes