WP, Droid, iPhone Review Challange!
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Merry Christmas.  Yea, that was awhile ago.  OMG - I got a new phone - I got a new phone!  Yea, that was awhile ago too.  Smiley Sad

Back to reality Verizon.  The money is in the bank, but there is now a sloppy, ugly mess to clean up.  Excessive support calls.  Defective devices.  Returns, Returns, Returns.

Feel bad for Verizon?  Here's how you can help your carrier:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

Take a moment and do Verizon a favor.  Hit the Website above.  Select the new phone you just got about 60 days ago.  Select REVIEW and log in to your account.  After 60 days of ownership, give that device an honest to goodness review based on your experience.  Now that the whole idea of getting something new has worn off, ask yourself the following and please share your response in the phone review area(s) where customers, non-customers, investors, vendors and carriers can see what you like and/or dislike about your already aging gadget.  Fear not; all of you new Christmas owners can buy a new phone on 8/13!

Does the phone use more data than your last phone?

More dropped calls than last phone with Verizon?

Can you hear me now?  Callers can't hear you or you can't hear them?

Are those "free apps" costing you more than you expected?

Frustrated with that 4 to 6 hour battery life?

Phone not have the OS on it that you thought it did?  No word on when your update will be released?

Did you pay for a 64G phone because you didn't know what "G" meant?  Could have had a 16G for half the price?

Did you pay for a 64G phone because that is the only style Verizon had in white during the holidays?  (how ironic)

Accessories too expensive?  $30 to $50 for a case or $20 to $40 for plugs and power?

Pay for a 4G phone in an area where there is no 4G coverage?

Hate the music player?

Skipping, stuttering and buffering video?

Keys too small?

Screen too small?

OS is just horrible?  Screens are nothing but a bunch of nonsensical icons?  Lost apps, data and photos during OS upgrade?

Constantly calling VZW Support to fix things and get trained?  Constantly calling your spouse for support?

New phone, but still just as bad and same OS as my last BlackBerry phone?

Still looking for my phone's user manual?

Can't use phone as a hotspot for your PC or Tablet?

How's that camera on your phone working for you?  Did you get stuck with one without a flash?

Can't sync with office or home email or calendars?

Still waiting to get home to your PC to view document attachments?

Phone rings in middle of meetings because it is such a pain to put into silent or vibrate mode?

Phone picked up a nasty virus?

Limited ringtones?

I am running the HTC Trophy Windows Phone.  Yes, some of the issues above apply to me.  My Son and Wife have an iPhone 4S.  If you own one and ran the iOS 5.X upgrade, you now know what the "S" stands for.  I took out a loan at B of A to cover their music and app downloads.  Just dumped a BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Bold.  Of course, they are the same garbage as the new Bold.  Clearly a reason why the word "OLD" is in the name Bold.

3500 of my closest coworkers use Verizon.  The issues above are issues I hear about their Droids, BlackBerry, and iPhones - but you never seem to see that feedback in the product reviews.  That's because phones are reviewed 24 hours out of the box.  How realistic?!?

Our dear friends at Verizon don't get out much so they do business based on what they read or based on the BS that their vendors give them.  Now is YOUR chance to give them YOUR advice and feedback.  It may not help you with the crappy phone your Verizon Rep talked you into a few months ago, but it will help Verizon carry phones with quality that are easy to use in the future.

Labels (1)
0 Likes