WP Roadmap - Apollo Roadmap - WP8 Roadmap
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Looking back at a few of the "Mobile Nations" Websites, I noticed that information was frequently shared with customers regarding the next Android Phone that VZW was going to release.  I also noticed the same such pre-release information being shared for the Nexus devices, as well as all of the new Motorola devices.

Why do we not have a roadmap for the Windows Phones from Verizon?  Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.  It also seems like something that is given up on the other Verizon lines of phones without hesitation.

I was also a Blackberry Verizon customer for many, many years (my first had the menu dial on the side).  I know that my company was a part of an advisory board that made suggestions about the Blackberry phones to Verizon.  If there is no rock solid Windows Phone Roadmap prepared, would Verizon be willing to put together an advisory board to provide feedback and direction?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WP Roadmap - Apollo Roadmap - WP8 Roadmap
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the Verizon roadmap: ROAD CLOSED

Since the only current offering is a first gen device, there will be most likely be no WP8 upgrade for them. I'd be willing to bet that probably just the Lumia 900 and Titan II get full WP8 usability..maybe. While it's possible that Microsoft makes the OS available to older handsets, there would be features that wouldn't work across the board. For instance the 1st gen devices don't have front facing cameras.

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even 2nd gen devices won't get full WP8 funtionality.  That is a known fact cause they are going to dual core processors for WP8, so no 1080p video recording.  That is a known fact.  Also, SD-Card support won't be there either cause no 2nd gen phones have SD-Card slots.  Neither is a show stopper for me.  Still counting down to April 28th when my contract is out and I can switch to ATT for the 900.

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

True on the dual core, that could affect certain operations or more likely keep you from using some future app that requires dual core (games?). I was thinking they might offer lower end WP8 devices that didn't do 1080p anyway, 720 is still HD after all. SD card support should only affect storage space and not operation. At least the Lumia 900 has NFC, LTE and a forward facing camera Smiley Happy

0 Likes
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not big into games.  SD-card support could be an issue for people who want to load up ALL their music onto their phone.  With Nokia music, and the third party Google music app, I should be good on the music front.  8mp is fine for my phone camera.  If I really wanted a high res picture, I would bust out my DSLR.  Hard to tell what else the next gen phones may do, but I have a 2 year old Android phone, and there isn't much more even the new quad core phones can do that mine can't, except maybe some game stuff, but like I said, games aren't important to me on my phone.

0 Likes