WP7 Rated #1 on Amazon
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Windows Phone rated #1 on Amazon.

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-still-holds-highest-rated-spots-amazon-wireless

These are customers making Web purchases (with no retail store pressure) based on the education they have recieved by performing independent research on the devices prior to puchase. 

"Smart" smartphone buyers are also loading up on the WP7 devices at AT&T and T-Mobile.  Their WP7 sales top the charts and those stats include competiton from the iPhone, Blackberry and Android.

Who's missing in this picture?  And has anyone stopped to think about where those Amazon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Best Buy WP7 customers came from?  Remember that the industry numbers you use to evaluate your sales success are based on numbers from industry analysts you "financially incent" to make you look good.

Verizon:  Your growing pains are killing your customer service.  Your growing pains are bringing down your 4G networks (3 outages in 30 days?).  Your growing pains are killing your retail store service.  And, your growing pains are giving you tunnel vision regarding your customer needs.  Hopefully you will be attending CES in Las Vegas next week with open eyes and an open mind.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WP7 Rated #1 on Amazon
Xmind
Enthusiast - Level 3

This should definitely say something about an OS that is really the newest on the market.  To have first gen phones get higher ratings than very mature OSs like Android and Blackberry should say something.  Very ironic that Verizon's highest rated phone on Amazon is a WP7 as well.   Think how many more near 5-star rated Verizon phones would be in the top 10 if they actually sold more than one phone.....

jsh1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe this will get some of VZW attention? To all of you WP naysayers, booyah! Let's keep beating the drum. I love my WP device. Come on VZW, let's get some more choices for us WP users.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

These are customer ratings.  They are not sold devices.  Just because it is rated #1 doesn't make it "high selling" devices.  If you go by "fanboyism" and every people who used Android and are in love with Android decided to write a review then WP7 probably wouldn't be rated #1.  Sales numbers over all isn't that good from Windows Devices.  If you really want a WP7 device it's probably best to move on to a carrier that has it.  That'll affect Verizon more than a ratings Amazon page.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits i wonder if when you check ( Like ) down on a post that's the same as a Kudo. i was thinking it was but not for sure!  

MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Take a look at the origional source...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/wireless/2407747011/ref=zg_bs_tab?pf_rd_p=1331612862&pf_rd_s=righ...

WP7 phones "are" top rated.  Wouldn't you think that you would want to own a specific device before rating it on a site like Amazon?

Yes, all kinds of slants and spins on the data.  Lots of places to place blame, too.  I have to question if Microsoft is offering the same spiffs to the Sales Reps at Verizon that they do at AT&T and T-Mobile?  I have to question what HTC, Nokia, and Samsung can do with Verizon to help promote a WP7 market stream with their devices?  RIM is down to 1 device to support their new OS - I have to question Verizon's plan to support corporate customers when RIM finally shi*$ the bed?  My company uses Outlook, Office and IE every day on our desktops.  WP7 offers a very slick interface to my email, contacts, schedules, etc.  RIM is not close, our company has been suckered into buying RIM servers, and RIM connectivity has been going dead as frequently as the Verizon LTE has.  1 outage X 1M users = ???  When RIM dies at my company some 3000 remote employees are dead in the water.  'Cept us WP7 users! 

What is fact is that Verizon's decision on what to support and carry in terms of devices are big boy and expensive decisions to make.  Feedback from events like CES should help.  Feedback from customers on the forum should help.  "Real" sales and adoption rate stats should help.  It's important that Verizon make the right decision in terms of device, dependability, 4G support, and OS.  WP7 has some good momentum and regardless of how many haters are in management at Verizon, those haters still like to make money, they still like cool technology, and they still want customers to stay with them and upgrade devices every 20 months.  Right now, I would be willing to bet that those who want to use the WP7 OS on a cool WP7 device have left Verizon.  Verizon isn't winning here and according to Charlie Sheen - it's all about winning!

One can only hope that realistic data and feedback on WP7 is used to make a realistic decision at Verizon.  Maybe Verizon, Nokia or Microsoft will surprise all of us at CES 2012?  No new iPhone until year end, 1 new phone from RIM and those Droid devices...  y-a-w-n.  Is Verizon going to rely on tablet excitement for 2012?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

My point being...

That isn't a reliable source to how well it does...  Just because it is rated high doesn't mean everyone votes for their devices.  If every fanboy rated their devices high WP7 wouldn't be number 1.

0 Likes
Xmind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Understand your point that ratings don't = sales.  But come'on, there are as many ratings for these WP7 devices as some of the Android devices.  These reviews are not unique to just Amazon or "fanbois".  There are similar reviews across ebay (http://www.ebay.com/ctg/108561148?_trksid=p4340.l2644#reviewDescr) as well as Verizon itself (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...).  So by your logic no one should buy a Rezound or iPhone4s yet because it is just the "fanbois" that have rated the device (Trophy has more reviews than either of them at time of this post)....Android and iPhone users should hold on purchasing until non-fans post their reviews.  In fact the same thing could be said for your Galaxy Nexus or iPhone, that it is the "fanbois" that are pushing the rating...well I agree and disagree.  Fans help get the phone rated initially, but to stay at 4 or 5 star level across the board means that it is a great device, even for those first time users...which there are many of those reviews as well if you read some of the posts.

The point of the original post was to point out great potential WP7 has and that it shouldn't be overlooked as some sort of inferior mobile OS.  Overall, this whole WP7 thing with Verizon is just confirming that Verizon is a business and will not sell something until the market has grown and enough customers are jumping down their throat for something (iPhone).  Let's hope it doesn't take as long as it did with the iPhone because there are no carrier exclusive deals with WP7 devices.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When Betamax and VHS formats were fighting for supremacy, Betamax was rated a much better format. Wonder which one won that battle?

As to Verizon waiting so long to get the iPhone, you can't really use this as an example. I think that Verizon learned early on that it was a mistake to pass on the iPhone at the start. They couldn't really get it any earlier at that point, though, since AT&T had an exclusive contract with Apple. Verizon had to wait until the exclusivity contract expired before they could jump on the iPhone. It wasn't because they were waiting until a sufficient # of customers were jumping down their throat.

0 Likes
Xmind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for acknowledging WP7 is the superior mobile OS out there.  However, you can't use Betamax Versus VHS as an example of how supposedly better things don't last.  In your example the consumers were able to select the eventual winner.  In this case, Verizon isn't even allowing us to have that option to decide (one 1st gen phone that already was 3 months old and now 1.5 years old in hardware doesn't count anymore in the cell phone world).  And this is what we are asking Verizon to do, let us decide, give us options. 

The iPhone is a good example.  They were offered the option to sell the iPhone first, but turned Apple down due to contract issues and in the end Verizon probably didn't see the iPhone making such a successful device and gaining so much market share.  So my example stands that Verizon does not invest into things that don't see value in.  Although they learned to embrace Apple products, it is clear they do not believe in Windows Phone devices as being a big advantage for them.

0 Likes