WP7 - marking all emails as read
rkbowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wondered if there were a way to select all unread emails and mark them read?  I have been trying to do this for awhile, without success.  Loving the Trophy and WP7 though!

Thanks,
Rick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WP7 - marking all emails as read
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

rkbowen wrote:

I wondered if there were a way to select all unread emails and mark them read?  I have been trying to do this for awhile, without success.  Loving the Trophy and WP7 though!

Thanks,
Rick

Don't know if this will work for you but this is probably the quickest way to do it on WP7:

Open email inbox.

Slide to the right to view all unread messages

Tap by the very left-most edge of the first message; you should then see a box next to all the unread messages

Tap each box of each unread message you wish to change the status of

Tap the settings at the bottom right corner (3 dots)

Select mark as read.  Every Checked Email should get it's status changed to read at that point.

There is no "select all" option in email at this time, but the above actually be done pretty darn quickly once you've practiced it a few times.

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rkbowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know why that double posted.... sorry.

0 Likes
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

rkbowen wrote:

Thanks,
Rick

Don't know if this will work for you but this is probably the quickest way to do it on WP7:

Open email inbox.

Slide to the right to view all unread messages

Tap by the very left-most edge of the first message; you should then see a box next to all the unread messages

Tap each box of each unread message you wish to change the status of

Tap the settings at the bottom right corner (3 dots)

Select mark as read.  Every Checked Email should get it's status changed to read at that point.

There is no "select all" option in email at this time, but the above actually be done pretty darn quickly once you've practiced it a few times.

Michael

0 Likes
rkbowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Michael,

Thanks... I did know about that - i just set up an email account, and some 350 emails were imported from the server and thus show as unread.

I am sure that Mango will add this feature.

Thanks again.

Rick

0 Likes