Re: WP7: "Listen" to what IS being said.
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

You sound like a Verizon shill failing to recognize the lack of good devices offered by Verizon.

keep trying to convince yourself though!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You sound like a guy who'll stretch the truth to get what he wants. As I said before what I have shown are FACTS and the information can be found easily. HSPA+ is NOT 4G. This is WHY AT&T tried to buy T-Mobile to quickly roll out LTE. To claim there are 4G windows devices is false...

If you want a WP7 device go and get it. No one is stopping you. Let Verizon lose the customers for not carrying one... That will do more than staying a customer and fit the bill without the device you want.

edit:

Just an FYI I use all major carriers except Sprint.  I have to for work related things for our employees. I do not care what happens to one carrier to the next.  Sprint is on our company *crap* list for a valid reason and no one will use Sprint here.  If you want to call me a shill for knowing the technology with it's true intent, and not marketing then so be it.  At least I don't fall for marketing...

FYI - I use a Galaxy Nexus, but I tri boot, and I tend to use Ubuntu more than I do Android, and Meego Smiley Happy

My wife has an iPhone 4S it works for her and she is happy.  If Verizon didn't have it she'd be on AT&T with one, and Verizon loses out on a line.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Must be busy at the TMobile stores post-Christmas.  Reps have nothing better to do than visit competitor sites, promote their wares, and try to get naive customers to a switch?  I'm thinking a new spokesperson or a new color dress might help?  Good luck with that.

Thanks, all, for promoting this discussion and reinforcing my point.  As I said, Verizon must be doing a few things right.  There has yet to be a mass exodus to other carriers because of the shortage of WP7 devices.  And if there is, I really don't see many looking to date the girl in pink.  Which reminds me of a funny story from the road...

3 Software Reps are driving in a rental car in Oklahoma.  1 man wearing red, another with an iPhone that he has had for years, and some chick wearing pink in the back seat who won't shut up.  "I think we are lost; let's call the customer" rants pinkie.  Pinkie opens her folder and barks out an OK based phone number.  The dialing begins.  Pinkie can't connect, the iPhone accepts the number, but it won't ring, and in 15 seconds - a receptionist answers the phone at the customer location - on the phone that belongs to the guy in red.

That was my last trip in December to OK with one of my Healthcare Reps and her boss.  "Pinkie" has one of those Galaxy S phones that she is stuck with because she "had to have" swipe typing sometime last year.  Nice phone and nice coworker.  She's just a bit technology impaired.  Perhaps phone roaming is the only reason she brings us along on her Sales calls?  I would like to think otherwise!

Moral to my story...  maybe IT IS the network?

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

i dumped 5 accounts 13 months ago. using a HTC Titan 4G.

You're confusing terms. 4G is 4G (not 3G, HSPA+)  and LTE is obviously faster. While a Verizon defender of the faith might refute this the fact is it's 4G and much, much faster and more reliable than Verizon 3G.

i dumped 5 VZW accounts 13 months ago and bleeding off more each month.

using a HTC Titan 4G

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

chinch wrote:

i dumped 5 accounts 13 months ago. using a HTC Titan 4G.

You're confusing terms. 4G is 4G (not 3G, HSPA+)  and LTE is obviously faster. While a Verizon defender of the faith might refute this the fact is it's 4G and much, much faster and more reliable than Verizon 3G.

i dumped 5 VZW accounts 13 months ago and bleeding off more each month.

using a HTC Titan 4G

That's good for you. I am glad you moved on.  You need to learn your technology and stop spreading the marketing information out there.

No I am not confusing the terms. HSPA+ is NOT 4G.  ITU has said HSPA+ is not 4G, but T-Mobile told the ITU they are marketing their "4G" as 4th generation, and not the actual technology.  Then the ITU allowed that...  Winax, and LTE are true 4G technology much like HSPA+ is 3G.  Firmware upgrades will increase it's speed, HSPA+ will never hit the 100Mbps required to be considered true 4G technology.  Wimax, and LTE can...  Hence why AT&T is rolling out LTE.

Max exodus?  The churn rates say otherwise.  There are more people leaving AT&T and T-Mobile than Sprint and Verizon. Sadly the numbers don't lie Smiley Happy

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

please don't quote me then spew "mass exodus" in the same post as that was not my comment.

I personally could care less who pays for what but you seem to be trying to convince yourself how great Verizon is, with the  spin-doctoring. Churn is good for customers (means people are demanding better).

Please stop trying to downplay the 4G/3G+ tech of Tm/AT&T is vs the 2.75G CDMA network speeds of Verizon (that also cutout when doing voice).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am not trying to downplay it... If you actually read anything and tried to understand it... You are using the wrong terminology and spreading the FUD. If you paid attention I never argued about speed or service... I am talking about the terminology and technology.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI - if you think churn rate is good and people are looking for better... Then why are people LEAVING AT&T and T-Mobile than switching to if they are so much better?

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

T-bits - I was taking a JetBlue flight home today and was watching GOL TV on the back of the airplane seat.  That's the Direct TV station that shows all of the soccer matches and news 24/7.  While 95% of the show is in English, they do allow for some Spanish commercials.

At halftime of one of the games, the Lady in Pink was advertising her TMobile phones in Spanish - including a Windows Phone.  What was amusing was that the commercial was comparing the TMobile phones to AT&T phones.

I guess that since the merger is off, the war between AT&T and Pinkie is back on.  Funny that the first people for Pinkie to prey on would be non-English speaking TV watchers.  I guess the TMobile Marketing ignorance tells them that if you don't speak English, you are more likely to be suckered into buying a faux 4G phone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bits de T - tomaba un vuelo de JetBlue Inicio hoy y estaba viendo GOLTV en la parte trasera del asiento del avión. Es la estación de TV directo que muestra todos los partidos de fútbol y noticias 24/7. Mientras que el 95% de la muestra es en inglés, permite para algunos anuncios en españolas.

La
dama de Rosa fue publicidad sus teléfonos de TMobile en español - incluyendo una de Windows Phone. Lo divertido era que el comercial estaba comparando los teléfonos de TMobile para móviles AT&T.

Supongo
que ya que la fusión está desactivada, la guerra entre AT&T y meñique está de vuelta en. Curioso que las primeras personas de meñique para presas sería no habla observadores de TV inglesa. Supongo que la ignorancia TMobile Marketing les dice que si no hablan a inglés, es más probable que se suckered en comprar un teléfono 4 G falsa.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No idea... Even with the 6B payout from AT&T I do not see them surviving much longer. DT has already been on record they are going to stop funneling money to the US to deploy LTE in Europe(The reason they were selling in the first place).

There are some things I can say, but I was entrusted with some information I can't say. Some are bad news, and some are already known.

Personally I would hate to see T-Mobile go. If there were able to keep their prices and extend coverage a lot better than they have they could have forced better pricing, but 30M customers is not helping them.

Oh for future reference. I have all services from T-Mobile to Verizon. No Sprint though for valid reasons.

0 Likes