Re: WP8.1 Cyan update - They just don't care about Windows Phone customers
Not applicable

Yep it said that. However all the complaints were directed towards Verizon even though Microsoft knew it was sent back to them long ago. Instead they stayed silent as did Verizon and made customers angry with the carrier.

I wish you the best at AT&T and I believe they are on par with Verizon's service and coverage. We as consumers must do what we must when not happy.

Good Luck

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

AT THIS POINT...yes it's back with Microsoft. But unless someone can prove otherwise, for the last four months it sat with Verizon until they sent it back to Microsoft.

0 Likes
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I personally do not see how this is a Microsoft problem at all. 8.1 seems to work fine on all the other phones out there on the other carriers. If the problem is truly the fact that Verizon's apps are not working 100% on 8.1 then it is only a Verizon problem; probably junk code. The fact that it went back to Microsoft only tells me that Verizon is making it Microsoft's problem although I do wonder what the true issue is. Unlike Apple who has a high demand and market share and can therefore deny Verizon holding back updates or installing junk, Microsoft does not have so much power. I have not heard any reports of other developer's apps not working on 8.1 when they were designed for 8 - not that it is not happening and I just have not heard about it.

0 Likes
AAChaoshand

I've had a Blackberry Storm then a Droid X, than an iPhone 4s, now this 928 over the last few years after each phone was paid for or the contract ended.  My current phone isn't on a contract anymore thank god, once it's paid I'm leaving to T-Mobile.  I live and work in an area where T-mobile has just as good of service as Verizon.  It isn't the update at this point that has me going to another company, it's the complete lack of communication on a simple question.  I'm going back to iOS since that has been my favorite so far, if Verizon would quit trying to pull the wool over the eyes I might get my next iPhone with them.  Oh well, money lost for them, me and my wife will be leaving after over 10 years of service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

For whatever reason, once Verizon rejects it...."It is then Microsoft's Problem"

Could be any reasons. However look at how long it took Microsoft to tweet some thing and change the update status. Months of silence by the carrier which may have rejected and returned that update at anytime. But Verizon took the heat.

Like I always say if it ever arrives on any platform it is a bonus and not a given. Just wake up some morning and be surprised Smiley Happy

0 Likes
r1chard316
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to be delayed because Verizon apps do not work perfectly with the update.

0 Likes
Johnpohl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe we all pay the same amount for our Verizon plans as Android and ios users. Now call me dense, but I seem to see roll outs of upgrades for other phones eg Apple. Its also embarrassing that Verizon store employees can't give us an update on the status, and neither can we seem to get an answer online. So bottom line is this is headed to a major financial headache if any user realizes we pay the same for less service.

how about treating us equally by, 1) giving us an update (even if its we are delayed because) 2) getting the release out. Its not about " quitting" Verizon its about getting the value for what we are paying for.

thank you.

0 Likes
jschwalbe

I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for almost 14 years, but I'm giving them until early 2015 to add Cyan/Windows 8.1 support to my Nokia Lumia 928 (when my contract is up).  After that, if they don't have this support, then I'm switching my family to AT&T along with the hundreds of users on my company's corporate Verizon account. This is beyond ridiculous.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Luck at AT&T, however unless you OWN the company the lines will stay with Verizon Wireless.

Not everyone in your company uses a Windows device.

But your family and you that is a different matter.

Good Luck

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

Good luck to everyone moving to another provider. One thing I can agree with others is that money talks. That's the only thing that will move Verizon.

Verizon hangs their hat on the network, but that is where it ends. Global support isn't that good, because Verizon phones mostly support CDMA for their network and elsewhere is GSM. Customer support isn't that good - they are friendly, but the only thing they ever tell you is "Restart phone", "Reseat SIM card", etc. Not the worker's fault - I know how corporations force people into doing things a certain way. The phone updates are slow. The phone selection is limited. Store workers push Android phones like crack and won't give you 2 feet of breathing room to look at anything different.

So... Network > (Customer Service+Phone Selection+Global Support+Timely Updates+Better Salespeople)?    Verizon hopes so.

Updated to add "+Better Salespeople" .