Wallet App and NFC
moncenhs63

In case anyone just bought a new WP8 device with NFC looking to use it as a payment device, the phones are not capable of accomplishing this out of the box.  After doing a little digging and researching, you must ask Verizon for a secure SIM card.  I went to my local Verizon corporate store to ask and the salesperson told me that Verizon has no other SIM cards other than the one that is already in my phone.  I immediately called technical support, who after searching for a few minutes, he found what I was looking for and is sending me one for free. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Wallet App and NFC
moncenhs63

Well, seems like I am now being told by a different Tech that this isn't possible without ISIS mobile wallet, which seems counterproductive.  Why have two wallets in one phone?

Anyway, as I was typing this post I decided to do a little more research.  I stumbled upon this forum post on WPCentral.  I hope it is true since this was the main reason I got this phone.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/204229-htc-8x-does-not-support-nfc-payment.html

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get your new secured sim? Just checking on if you were able to get tap to pay working.

after reading the article on Wpcenteral, I do remember hearing something  a little while back about carrier support coming early 2013 for tap to pay. I might just have to wait.

0 Likes
moncenhs63

Yes, I guess I forgot to mention I did get my Secure SIM, although it does me no good right now.

0 Likes