Wallet / Carrier Billing
bbjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have always had my Wallet set up to bill to my PayPal account. Recently, Verizon added "Verizon Wireless" to the Payment cards section. Now when I purchase content on my phone it is put on the Verizon bill and is not billed to PayPal. There is no way to change this behavior that I can see. I don't want these charges to show on my Verizon bill; I want it to go to PayPal as it did in the past.

What is the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wallet / Carrier Billing
primortal
Master - Level 1

Are you able to select the payment method when purchasing?

You'll have to call support to see what can be done being it looks like that payment option cannot be removed from the Wallet.  Nothing like shoving stuff down our throat without our approval thinking they now what our best interests are.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbjr,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with using your PayPal account to purchase apps in Google Playstore. The option to use PayPal should still be available as this option was not removed when Carrier billing was added. Please make sure you Playstore is up to date and still running on the most current software. If you are up to date and still having issues I would suggest reaching to the the Google Play contacts for assistance. http://bit.ly/1upmKq5

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support What is it with you support people.  Do you pay attention to what community you're post in?

This is the Windows Phone community and not an Andriod one.  The Google Play Store doesn't come into play here.

Goes to show how much VZW cares about Windows Phone's they cannot event care to check what community they are responding to....

bbjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has nothing to do with Google Wallet. It is a Microsoft product. I did log into my Microsoft account online and checked to make sure that it is set up correctly and it is. I need to be able to specify PayPal on my WINDOWS PHONE when I do an online purchase and I don't want the charge to go to my Verizon Wireless account. It seems to me that it should be a simple thing to do.

0 Likes