This phone was fine for me for the first month but all down hill from there. I am currently on my second Nokia Lumia 928. I have had daily freezes, hard reset issues, and connectivity problems. After my phone froze again this morning and I couldn't slide down to power off I took it into my local verizon store where I was basically told I'm stuck with this phone until my two years are up, which is in May of 2015. Obviously I am not going to wait that long to fix this issue. My best options right now are to:
1. Trade in directly to Verizon for $98 and buy a new phone for full price. I would try and sell on Ebay for more money, but it would probably get returned for not working.
2. Terminate my contract, which would cost me around $300 I believe, and sign up for a new one under the new Edge plans. The only thing stopping me from doing this is that I am currently under the Unlimited Talk and Text with 2GB of Data royalty plan for $60 a month and I don't want to lose that plan.
Has anyone had any similar experiences that can guide me through this hassle?
I am having similar issues with my WP8. A network reset helped for a few months, but I am starting to have issues again. It seems to be an issue with low or no service on many WP 8 devices. It happens to me almost daily, but my wife with and 822 has very few issues.
My 928 works great. Occasional freezing, fixed by restarts. Local vzw dont always help with questions, all about profits. Call CS number. When I had ä serious issue with my 822, I got great support from one of their tech people. Reset to factory settings was the final answer for that problem. Make sure to note games and apps that you have. Seemed a lot of the issue revolved around vzw backup.
Here are some options:
- Do a factory reset and start fresh.
- Do a warranty exchange and hope third time's the charm.
- Buy a phone off contract.
- Add a line to get a new phone on contract, then put an old basic phone on that line, which will cost you $10/month plus tax.
You can get your loyalty plan back if you do a new service. just call customer care and explain you switched to a new account for equipment reasons and they can put you back. I have done the same thing.
I have the exact same problems...but now i have a question....i already have 3 lines so if i added a 4th i would just basically take the bad phone off and put some cheap phone on that line?
Yes, that is what you would do. Please note though, if you are on a Share Everything plan, a basic phone is $30/month, not $10 like it is on a Nationwide plan.
i would try a warranty replacement first. if that still gives you problems, then i'd just buy a phone on ebay. you can get decent smartphones there for $200 or less.